bimni top

big ken

Petty Officer 1st Class
im looking to by a bimni top for my 18ft cc fishing boat. ive seen boats that have then stored in the up position with boot on them when not in use rather than laying down flat on the boat when not in use. are the one that store up anything special? or can any of them do it? thanks ken

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer
Re: bimni top

there is nothing special,,just comes with the stantions.
I have one with rocket launchers that I got from boatarama via ebay,,,check the iboats store here maybe they have soimething similliar.

when fishing with more than 2 people it is somewhat of a pain,,,and while trolling.

much better sun protection that a t-top.
here is mine below

Attachments

• dusky8.jpg
    dusky8.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

another view

Attachments

• dusky9.jpg
    dusky9.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

I am 6'2" and it is a few inches above my head.
Boat is covered, otherwise I would go out and measure it for you.
What I did was measure from the top of my gunnel to 3-4" over my head and picked what they had instock at the time.

I have two flags, 2 lights and 2 speakers mounted on it as well as the rod holders.

If you get one you will need to secure the rod holders better than they come,,,mine folded and I lost a rod,,,,doing 40 mph now with all rod holders full is no problem.

big ken

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am 6'2" and it is a few inches above my head.
Boat is covered, otherwise I would go out and measure it for you.
What I did was measure from the top of my gunnel to 3-4" over my head and picked what they had instock at the time.

I have two flags, 2 lights and 2 speakers mounted on it as well as the rod holders.

If you get one you will need to secure the rod holders better than they come,,,mine folded and I lost a rod,,,,doing 40 mph now with all rod holders full is no problem.

thanks. im going with 54in height, if thats not enough i found a thing called bimni top butler so i can adjust it another 17in up. also found on same site adjustable rear supports[will replace rear straps] to hold in up position. i purchased over the winter a 18ft chinqateake cc 88hp johnson 9.9 kicker and a nice front bow mount trolling motor. hope to catch some nice rock out of the chesapeake bay this spring! thanks for the info ken

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

Awesome,,,post some pics when you get it dialed in.
Tight Lines!
Lance