seat fixes

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have an 1988 cobalt with back to back seats that are supposed have bases that slide away from each othe and form a kinda lounge seat, my seats just don't slide, I've tried spraying lubricant but just doesn't seem like any movement is gonna happen. Any ideas?
Also the captains chair has a track n the floor and nylon(?) sliders inside the corresponding seat track that fits over the floor tarck the nylon bushings and small metal paltes that hold in place are broken, parts are not available because of age, has anyone else remedied this?or does anyone have same seating system in a later boat that i could tell parts guys? Thnaks
trying to be ready for spring.

jamsac

Cadet
Re: seat fixes

On my '89 the lounge has a latch, 2 actually on top of the track between the seat backs. The manual shows a release under the edge of the rear facing seat. It's not there. The latch is a simple tab that snaps down onto a pin to hold the 2 seat halves together. Lift the tabs, force the seat bases apart. Yes the sliders are stiff, I have been going to squirt some silicone lube onto them, not yet done.
Hope this helps.

James

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, they screwed up with that description in the manual, I dove under the seats and found the latches, the one next to the gunwale is still a little difficult to release, really not that much to hit with your finger blindly.
Thanks for response.

jamsac

Cadet

Glad I could help. What '89 model do you have?

James