Seat Cover question

Wraypau

Cadet
I need to replace my seat covers for a 96 Chaparrall 2330. They are tearing at the stiches. Is the material vinyl? Do you know if you can purchase material and replace yourself?

Also, does anyone know how to drain a gas tank in a chaparrall boat? I have water in it...

Thanks,
Paul

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Seat Cover question

your cushions most likley vinyl, you can get marine vinyl at the big chain fabric stores, like joanns fabric check your local phone book make a call,
as far as your gas tank ?? never done it, maybe snake a tube down there and get one of those drill mounted liquid pumps, id use a cordless drill fumes and electric may cause spark, you get the idea. thats why i like the removable tanks, dump it into my truck when im done if i know its gonna be a while sitting.

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Seat Cover question

There are additives designed to remove a small amount of water from fuel providing that it is fresh water as opposed to salt. If you end up having to drain it, you can get a section of fuel line and siphon it out. Alternatively, if your setup is at all like mine and you have a primer bulb followed by a check valve, you can just remove the check valve and use the bulb to start fuel flowing into a portable tank....