TIGE vs Cobalt, which is better??

runninhorn

Recruit
im looking at buying a new boat and cant make up my mind. im big into skiing and wakeboarding and was wondering which would be a better boat a 96 232 cobalt for 27k or a 99 tige 21i for the same price. let me know..

peterj

Cadet
Re: TIGE vs Cobalt, which is better??

Tough question! You aren't going to like this answer, but it really depends on what you are looking for in the end. When I have asked many people in the marine industry which boat manufacturer comes to the top in quality, I keep hearing Cobalt over and over. Cobalt boats typically run heavier than other boats their size. This could be good for wakeboarding because of increased wake size. On the other hand, Tige boats are made for wakeboarding and skiing.<br /><br />In the end, if you are only looking for a boat to wakeboard behind and nothing else, I would choose one that was really made to do just that like the Tige. However, if you are looking for an all around quality boat that many other seasoned boat owners will covet, I can't see how you can go wrong with Cobalt.<br /><br />As for value, it really depends on how both boats were taken care of and also the engines each have. I would suggest you look at boat pricing guides such as www.iboats.com/boatprices and also look in the classifieds to see what boats like the ones you are looking at are going for on the market. Good luck on the purchase and hope to hear which one you decide on.

beaner

Recruit

I have to agree with Spinner. Each boat is great for what it is.<br /><br />Cobalt is certainly the Cadillac of boats but it isn't specifically built for wakeboarding and skiing like the Tige.<br /><br />I'd also like to point out that there is a cost difference between these two boats too.<br /><br />In addition, if you are not interested in wake boarding but do like skiing then look at the Correct Craft - Nautiques. I think they are the best tournament ski boat without question.<br /><br />Get a Tige if you want to wakeboard and ski though.<br /><br />*Beaner

jcwh20ski

Recruit

Are you kidding? The best boat made for your needs is a Malibu Sunsetter. Cobalt is a great boat, but really caters to the Cadilac crowd.<br /><br />The Tige is average boat that still consists of wood construction.<br /><br />The Malibu is all fiberglass and is one kick ass boat!<br />jcw

william

Recruit

TIGE ALL THE WAY. I OWN A 1999 TIGE V DRIVE.<br />IT IS A GREAT BOAT. WHEN I LOOKED AT A MALIBU I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.<br /><br />------------------<br />william-1999 tige 2100v