Pontoon Restoration Completed

gunlocators

Seaman
Ok guys I am sorry lost all my pre tear down pics on my pc they are missing in action. Anyway this is a 24' Intec Marine Pontoon it was a basket case. I stripped all the furniture out the frame were rotten so I decided to take it to the deck. Once i removed railings furniture ect I started to remove carpet. I was pleasantly surprised it had a aluminum deck NO PLYWOOD to deal with so NO rot :) .... From there I recarpeted and started re assembly. The railing panels were grey textured aluminum and looked like crap so I reskinned with .040 painted aluminum from a sign shop supplier. I ordered new furniture from Veada. Ordered a console. I ordered gauges and bi mini top from iBoats. Also installed trolling motor, fishing seats and 2 electric anchor winches. Sorry not a lot of pics but you can get the idea. I also welded up stairs for the trailer I recently had knee surgery so made it much easier for me to get on the toon while trailered. This boat had a 48hp johnson I swapped it for a 85hp Evinrude with tilt and trim. Good news toons rated for 125hp so I am well within ratings. First pick is of maroon carpet after I took deck railing off you can see maroon the black carpet. The carpet was black from mold mildew and filth..

toony4.jpg

toony3.jpg

toony1.jpg

toona16.jpg

JGra

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Pontoon Restoration Completed

OUTSTANDING JOB!!!! Now its time to go enjoy it.

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

finished project looks great!!

what size boat is that and how shallow can you grt in it??

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

nice job, looks great, ar some point i would like to have a toon, used a lot around here to go shrimpin in the river by the coast, make great shrimpers,
go get it wet already!!!!!
good luck and again nice work!
D

Robert4Winns

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice project. Looks like you did a great job.

gunlocators

Seaman

This is a 24' Intec Marine from my research made only in 1988 Not too sure how shallow she will run but would not be surprised in 18-24" easily I would expect

utomic

Recruit

Tom in Utah here. You have the only OTHER Intec I have seen photos of. Mine is a 20' and I am where you were ... stripped off the gear and carpeting down the bare aluminum. Now polishing up the toons and looking for furniture and carpeting. How do you like the quality and value of yours?

Thanks,
Tom