Mixing soft bait in bucket re: Gulp

pecheux

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Good day, I now have too many soft bait mini-bags in my tackle box and I am thinking of dumping them all together in a bucket with a lid so I can just pick one of my choice when I need them, thus leaving precious additional space in my tackle box. Brands are Yum, Power-bait, and another bran I forgot the name. I see no problem in mixing them all together in the same bucket. I also have Gulp's. Question is can these Gulp (wet) baits be mixed along with the other ones ?? TX

Did my own test = NO (it was a stupid question to start with ... LOL)

Randybeall

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Mixing soft bait in bucket re: Gulp

Good day, I now have too many soft bait mini-bags in my tackle box and I am thinking of dumping them all together in a bucket with a lid so I can just pick one of my choice when I need them, thus leaving precious additional space in my tackle box. Brands are Yum, Power-bait, and another bran I forgot the name. I see no problem in mixing them all together in the same bucket. I also have Gulp's. Question is can these Gulp (wet) baits be mixed along with the other ones ?? TX

Did my own test = NO (it was a stupid question to start with ... LOL)

I believe that it would be far better to proced to your favorite body of water and use those baits until you had the space desired! LOL

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

I don't know if it would harm anything...might mix up your flavors.

I did see a Gary Parsons clip about Gulp! however. He claimed that the liquid makes the baits softer and more pliant. I can see this as a bennie on a minnow. But the concern I would have is whether that would dissolve or ruin the Yum or Powerbait. Since it doesn't sound like a ton of baits, you could try and see how they last. A soft Gulp! minnow might be good, but a soft worm might not be...

Having said that, I have sprayed various attractants into sandwich baggies of plastics. My buddy the bass guy says that will dissolve them and make them less durable, but I haven't seen it yet. As a side note, the powerbait spray trout attractant is clear, doesn't really smell (to me), and hasn't proven itself on anything other than being a good lube for my Downeast Rodholders :) Other scents have worked at times however.

scipper77

Commander

Can't answer your original ?? other than to say try it and see, but...

I once put a used senko into the bag with mt gulps. It swelled up. I put it on a hook and drew a strike with it almost immediately (first cast maybe). The problem was that while it still had great action plus the added gulp scent, it tore to shreds pretty easily. I think all the bass guys on this thread should try this (for goofs) and post back or PM me to let me know how it worked out for them.

Having said that I've changed my mind on the original ??. I think you should do it! maybe it will give you an end result that surprises you (and the fish too). And of course if it works I would expect you to tell nobody and act like you got skunked:rolleyes: