2001 GS Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Electric Troubles

Nandy

Commander
The girlfriend bought this car a couple of weeks ago. The car has some details that need getting taken care of but the Hayes book I have is no help at all...
The oem radio volume knob does not work well (i replaced it tonight but it needs mention). You can turn the knob and the volume does change only if you turn it very slowly and sometimes it will actually go down when you are trying to get the volume up and viceversa. It really sounds as if the switch contact is not always been made. The LCD screen on top of the radio which is supposed to provide the display for the radio and a clock did not work at any time, even with the radio working. I guess since the radio has been removed I cant even get the clock on it to work?
The cigarette lighter nor the side mirrors controls work. Everything else seems to be in working order.
I went chasing fuses and the only fuse I could find were under the hood next to the battery. They were all in working order. I wonder if there is another fuse bay somewhere hidden that I was not able to see. I was wondering if there is a connection in common as these gadgets are all in close vicinity.
I know some of you do have access to better documentation and might be able to point me out in a better direction before I start taking everything apart. I rather have input from member that are familiar with this vehicle.

dolluper

Captain
Re: 2001 GS Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Electric Troubles

The girlfriend bought this car a couple of weeks ago. The car has some details that need getting taken care of but the Hayes book I have is no help at all...
The oem radio volume knob does not work well (i replaced it tonight but it needs mention). You can turn the knob and the volume does change only if you turn it very slowly and sometimes it will actually go down when you are trying to get the volume up and viceversa. It really sounds as if the switch contact is not always been made. The LCD screen on top of the radio which is supposed to provide the display for the radio and a clock did not work at any time, even with the radio working. I guess since the radio has been removed I cant even get the clock on it to work?
The cigarette lighter nor the side mirrors controls work. Everything else seems to be in working order.
I went chasing fuses and the only fuse I could find were under the hood next to the battery. They were all in working order. I wonder if there is another fuse bay somewhere hidden that I was not able to see. I was wondering if there is a connection in common as these gadgets are all in close vicinity.
I know some of you do have access to better documentation and might be able to point me out in a better direction before I start taking everything apart. I rather have input from member that are familiar with this vehicle.

Hope this works .....get on your knees and pray ....lol's look under the dash dside

Attachments

• fuses.jpg
    fuses.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1

Nandy

Commander

Dang! I forgot to mention. We had the clutch changed this weekend and since we got the car back the oil light comes on sporadically and it never stay on for even 2 second. I'm sure there nothing in the motor to be touched when changing the clutch. I do this myself most of the time but we had a 94 ball of rust maxima in our yard and they guy took it as a payment for the clutch change. He is our neighbor. Anyway, all I think is that we have a loose connection somewhere but the girlfriend has the car and her schedule is not good for me to work in the car until saturday so Im looking for any input before I go looking into this. I will check the pressure switch connection but wonder if anyone has come across this while working on this vehicle and have a better idea what to look for. The oil level is good. The only thing is that we had this vehicle for 2 weeks now, we never saw that light on before, but does not means that is not something from before but I doubt it.

dolluper

Captain

Easy to knock the wirrer off sender during the clutch install

Nandy

Commander

She got the car stopped long enough yesterday morning for me to go and check the fuses. Im embarrassed enough to admit the fuse panel was right on my face very well labeled. It is in the driver side, on the side of the dash that is cover by the door when you close it. Anyway, 15 amp fuse was blown so I replaced it and it is all working now. I appreciate it very much. Maybe tomorrow I can convince her to stop the car so I can check under it for that sensor cable/connector.
Thanks for the help.