Tips for prop selection with fishhawk 1750 and 90hp etec

CARGUY99

Recruit
I am hoping to find someone who has a similar setup. I have a 1750 Fishhawk SC with 90hp etec. All 2004 models. I am looking to upgrade to a SS prop for more power and torque. It is really slow to plane out with 2 or 3 guys, and a little more top speed wouldnt hurt either. Can anyone help? Thank you

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tips for prop selection with fishhawk 1750 and 90hp etec

Welcome,If you read the stickies at the top of the page and the helps at the prop store page you'll be able ask your question more clearly.You aren't likely to find someone with the same boat. If you can tell us your present prop size ,usually on the barrel or under the prop nut,your present rpm and speed we can get you started.
NADA says the 1750 is about 1600 lbs.Pretty beefy for a 90hp.You may be able to refine your setup to gain a little performance.Is the antiventplate(just above the prop) about even with the bottom of the boat.Most end up about an inch higher.

Last edited:

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I am hoping to find someone who has a similar setup. I have a 1750 Fishhawk SC with 90hp etec. All 2004 models. I am looking to upgrade to a SS prop for more power and torque. It is really slow to plane out with 2 or 3 guys, and a little more top speed wouldnt hurt either. Can anyone help? Thank you

We just propped out a 17.5 Key West flats boat with a 90 E-Tec. That boat was slow to plane too. Those are fairly substantial boats to be asking a 3 cylinder to push quickly.

Anyway we ended up with a Turbo FX prop and it helped a lot. Carried the boat higher (less drag), got on plane a lot better and drove / handled better.

CARGUY99

Recruit

alum. prop 14 dia/ 19 pitch. wot with gear and one guy is 4400-4500 rpm now. i have read that 1 deg pitch is about 200 rpm. does smaller diameter make a differenc? i believe evinrude spec is about 5200-5500 max wot. Any suggestions on where to start. I am unable to afford a 500 new s/s prop right now so I am going to look for a used s/s prop and hope for the best. That is why I am looking for help here first rather than a local prop shop. Thank you for your help.