Web Browser ?

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have had Internet Explorer for 10 plus years now and am getting a little fustrated with what will and what will not work as well as their "control" of the what you can do without major changes to your settings . I have seen quite a few people who use Firefox , and other browsers . Please post your preferance of borwsers !

mphy98

Lieutenant
Re: Web Brouser ?

fire fox for this and other sites. IE is a joke for this forum. Lightning fast between posts.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

fire fox for this and other sites. IE is a joke for this forum. Lightning fast between posts.

Dido!!! Plus Firefox gives you spell check ;) for some reason IE spell check never worked on my laptop for me

Wishiniwuzfishin

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Web Browser ?

I use IE7 with "no add ons" mostly. It is what I am using right now and is usually the fastest overall for me. However there are many things it "can't do" and I've mostly learned its limitations and switch to Firefox when necessary.

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Firefox with a couple of add-ons (adblock and flashblock).

Don't really need the add-ons here but other forums can be over the top with ads.

jlinder

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Prefer firefox although safari is interesting. IE is last, but there is a problem.

M$ puts out tools that create pages that only work with IE. As a result there are times I need to use IE

For example, M$ Share Point requires NT authorization and only really works well with IE. We have other commercial programs that are web based and only work with IE.

For those I go back to IE, but Firefox for everything else.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Firefox here with adblocker plus....works fine for 99% of web browsing.

waterinthefuel

Commander

I have used firefox, ie, safari and google chrome. The best is either ff or safari, the worst is chrome and a neutral rating for ie, no real good or bad points. I would say overall ff is the best, but safari is a close second and has some neat features that I like alot that the others don't have, or didn't until recently like the ability to see all your recent websites at once. Sorry for the poor grammar, I'm on my iPod! Lol

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Google Chrome even faster then Firefox and it has gotten better ....... I have stuck with it.

perrosuperior

Seaman

I use firefox almost all the time, but I try to give opera a shot from time to time. I absolutely love it, but it has issues with certain aspects of my web experience. I'm not done with it, but firefox is my go to browser.

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OK I downloaded Fire fox today and WOW I love it , so much faster and easier to customize . I now regret waiting so long to do this . Thanks to all who gave input !!!

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Google Chrome even faster then Firefox and it has gotten better ....... I have stuck with it.

Interesting this works well for you. I really liked Chrome and used to use it all the time with a Microsoft OS. I changed to Mac last summer, and chome does not work as well. It's now the slowest of the engines I use....sadly, I've left it behind. :(

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've been using Firefox since before it was called FireFox. Used to be called Pheonix back in the day.

I really dislike Internet Explorer. Only use it on the rare occasion that i have to go to a site the is made only for IE. Most of the times If I run across a site like that I will just leave.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Interesting this works well for you. I really liked Chrome and used to use it all the time with a Microsoft OS. I changed to Mac last summer, and chome does not work as well. It's now the slowest of the engines I use....sadly, I've left it behind. :(

Yup, my brother has a mac and I used the Safari which worked real nice.;)