Edmonds washington?

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Is anyone going from Canada to Seattle or from Seattle area to canada in a pickup truck anytime soon?
rob

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Edmonds washington?

Trying to deal on this 6.5 kw onan MCCK, he has not gotten back to me.
If the deal goes through, I bet we can deal on the time, not a problem.
I have not had a passport since 85, to late to get one now.
I would appreciate the help if I can make the deal happen.
rob

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Trying to deal on this 6.5 kw onan MCCK, he has not gotten back to me.
If the deal goes through, I bet we can deal on the time, not a problem.
I have not had a passport since 85, to late to get one now.
I would appreciate the help if I can make the deal happen.
rob

You can get a passport in less than a week if you really need one. Eldest son just got his. One week.
Just 2 cents of may be useful info.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Not to Hijack but when did you start needing a passport to go from Canada to the US? I used to border hop all the time back in the 90's never had a passport never was asked for one.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Not to Hijack but when did you start needing a passport to go from Canada to the US? I used to border hop all the time back in the 90's never had a passport never was asked for one.

Yes, in the last couple years they (GOV) has required passports or the border cards???? if you want to cross into the US from Canada.
its a pain in the butt!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Last year some time the passport requirement was put in force. I have had a current passport since I was 18 years old so no biggie for me. I cross the border about twice a week on average. Being a Brit, living in Canada and doing a lot of worldwide travel I attract a lot of attention from the immigration folk. Never been refused entry but spend a considerable amount of time in the secondary inspection sometimes. On these occasions I always see folk that have been sent there because they have no passport. They are always turned back from what I have seen.
Having said that I have recently started taking a letter from my employer stating that I am entering the USA to attend meetings with vendors and customers which shows we are putting both money and employment into the USA by buying equipment from USA sources and hiring people at our USA plants.
Things got a lot easier since then.:)

Jeep Man

Commander

Thank you Homeland Security and CSIS for fixing something that wasn't broken, IMO. I'm sure there are those that will disagree, but then this will turn into a political discussion and the post will be pulled and I will be banned for life, so I will shut up now.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The passport requirement has been postponed for 3-4 years already.
But is in effect now for air or water based crossings.

You can get a cheaper ($55)? "PASSCARD" for land crossings, but it is only good for travel between Mexico, Canada, And the US.

The days of using a birth certificate are gone. Only makes sense.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

The passport requirement has been postponed for 3-4 years already.But is in effect now for air or water based crossings.

Have to disagree with this one. As a US or Canadian citizen,
Try crossing from Windsor, Ontario to Detroit, Michigan and back by land without a passport.
Let me know how you make out.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry kenny, maybe I was not as clear as I could have been.

The passport requirement was to have gone into effect 4 years ago, but was delayed, mostly because they couldn't process the passport applications fast enough.

The requirement is now in effect,

"Effective June 1, 2009, all U.S. citizens are now required to present a passport book, passport card, ..."

but... you can use a passcard for land or water crossings between the US, Canada, and Mexico. Used mine last fall, it works, think it cost $55, about half the cost of the passport book.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Sorry kenny, maybe I was not as clear as I could have been.

The passport requirement was to have gone into effect 4 years ago, but was delayed, mostly because they couldn't process the passport applications fast enough.

The requirement is now in effect,

"Effective June 1, 2009, all U.S. citizens are now required to present a passport book, passport card, ..."

but... you can use a passcard for land or water crossings between the US, Canada, and Mexico. Used mine last fall, it works, think it cost $55, about half the cost of the passport book.

Yep that's what I was thinking. June 2009 finally took full effect. I understand exactly what you meant with that explanation. Thank You for clarifying.
I am about to work on my nexus card. Quick border crossing for easier and less time consuming entry. Special lanes and really short lines.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Ken and Rosco , thats nice you have figured out the Whole border BS.
NOW WILL SOME ONE PLEASE BRING ME THIS GEN SET!!!!:D
Dont worry the guy has'nt even returned the calls. :)
ROB
in need of some AC.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

ROB
in need of some AC.

Sorry, I think we forgot about it !!!!:D

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ROB
in need of some AC.

"Banned"?....what happened to rbh?