Help!!

goldmember_down

Recruit
I'd like to start off by saying hello to all! and this site rocks. i'm a noob searching for some help today.

I was previously gifted a 2000 mercury outboard 4 stroke 15 hp, serial number T0169101. today i decided to start it up. it started fine, after smoking for about 30 seconds it ran really well, throttle response is good, but there was water n oil (mixed) coming out of a hole. it was not coming out from the "weep?" hole. the hole is located directly above the propeller but below the weep hole (about halfway up the motor). i had the motor a bucket full of water but it, the motor, was tilted at a 45 degree angle (with tiller handle at a 45 degree angle). my questions: is this normal? the motor has bee sitting for 10 years, prior to that it was new, used for about 10 hr before stored. Did the angle that it was sitting from when i started it have caused this? if i run this motor longer should the mixed water go away? ( i had it running for about 1 minute before the storage manager asked me to shut it off.)

inputs would be appreciated thanks in advance guys!!!