Questions about a tower?

travbl

Seaman
I have 2003 Stingray 200lx and I'm looking at getting a wakeboard tower put on. I have looked at the Monster and the Aerial Big Air tower. I will probably be going with one of these. I just had a couple of questions. 1. Do you tow the boat with the tower up or down? 2. I might buy a package deal with speakers, lights etc. how difficult is it to remove these items after each use because I keep that boat at a storage facility when not in use? 3. I want to install a second battery and purchase an amp for the extra speakers any suggestions on how to do this and what type of amp to buy would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help. Also, if you have any other suggestions on towers that would be great.

carrera1984

Cadet
Re: Questions about a tower?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XM604M-M...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267410772&sr=1-3

I have this amp in my Sandrail buggy. The buggy has gone down dusty roads at 55mph, been in a rain storm for 4 hours while playing tunes(exposed to elements). When I get my boat out of storage this summer I will be putting the same one in my bassboat. Its rated at 60 RMS x 4 or you can opt for a different mode and play out of 2 speakers and 1 sub-woofer if bass on the water is your thing. Music comes out clear and loud all at a good value. When getting a second battery get a battery isolator, voltage sensitive relay, or battery selector switch to keep the batteries from draining each other and leaving you stranded. the isolator and VSR will even automatically charge your batteries. More info on these can be found by googling or searching on this forum.

wired1236

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Questions about a tower?

Tow with tower up - always.

Both good towers. Do a search here and there's lots of people with both. I just put on a DiY tower and love it. I looked at the Aireal and I thought this was just as good of tower for a few hundred less and looked like it would fit a little better. Didn't like the look of the Monster Towers.

It's been great and they have great product support. All included for under $1,400.00.

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=78&cat=Package+Deals

As far as amps go, so may options. Go to a GOOD stereo shop and get advise on a whole system that's desinged with your budget in mind. Don't piece meal it.

Oh ya and they all collapse for storage in seconds.