mariner 50hp

daveyk

Recruit
hi am a novice at this but i have two questions about my blueband ..... where does the cooling water come out ? is it from the lower unit ? (2) should there be , in the midsection an exhaust pipe to the lower unit , ? :mad: i have a cd manual which shows nothing of the mid bits . cheers and thanks .dave

RLT III

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: mariner 50hp

the water is pulled into the lower unit and should come out of a small hose at the back of the motor just above the midsection put earmuffs on it or put it in the water crank it up and after about 30-40 sec it should come out and if you just got it and you don't know the condition of the motor you should replace it for good precaution
Exhaust should come out at the prop and at 2 vent hole right below where the water come out of the tale tale

daveyk

Recruit
Re: mariner 50hp

cheers m8 it was running , but could see no outlet. had look and found 3 holes , a small round and a small squareish under the cowl cover and a round hole with two smaller holes in it at the back of the engine , transom side . fitted new impellor 2 months ago and not put it back together yet . cheers pal