Any Lake Mead fellas out and about?

jaxnjil

Lieutenant
hi guys. gearing up for mead again this spring. looking at tying up at lake mead marina again. called and the have empty 25' slips still available.

hoping to leave this week, or end of next. and stay for 2 months.

red are you still down there or did you move for your job?

most likely wont have net there. anyhow if you happen on to this post and want get togeather, pm me

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Any Lake Mead fellas out and about?

We may be on the lake that early, I like a May trip there, but usually not until Memorial Day. Your pic makes me want to go now though.

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer

We'll be back there in late May or early June as well.

hvachillbilly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

was out on the lake yesterday little ripples on top light wind up to 10moh a beautiful day hope to do some fishing sunday tied up in callville bay probaly be hanging at sandy cove

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

thanks for report billy.

was leaving next mon. but have meeting on tues. so pushed back to next wed. now. hate it when a trip starts like this

hvachillbilly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks for report billy.

was leaving next mon. but have meeting on tues. so pushed back to next wed. now. hate it when a trip starts like this

keep us informes looking foward to another great summer on mead

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, Lake is up 10 ft. since October.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Jax- Im still here. still have the new job, but i still live here. Just spent two days on some fiberglass deck repairs...lol. We are planning our first day trip of the season around the middle of march. Not sure if we are putting in at echo or calville so far. So, you got the outdrive project wrapped up and everything I take it? We are also planning a 2 or 3 day powell trip this summer.

hvachillbilly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

just so you guys know callville is building new low water launch to help with traffic try to get a pic next time im down there

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

red; the bravo 3 worked better than i had hoped for. would stay up at powell but its been chilly and rain+snow there quit a bit this winter. really looking forward to some sun and shirt sleeve weather

billy; i think i'll stay at lake mead marina again and just hire them to launch my boat with the rough terrain fork lift they have there.
thanks for info, will come in by echo and then callville. might stop and take a look. last year the fellow that manages callville didn't want to rent a slip for 2 or 3 months. we ended up staying 5 months dec to may.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

just so you guys know callville is building new low water launch to help with traffic try to get a pic next time im down there

thats cool.....They talked about it when we were there last year. It was going to be out pretty far from what i remember. Would definitely help with traffic. It was supposed to be up on the ridge to the right facing down the ramp, IIRC?

hvachillbilly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well hope to see you both out there and not in the marinias thats not wh we go :)

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

hows the trip so far jax? have you had a chance to check out calville and see if they built the new launch yet?

fishrdan

Admiral

Hey all, I went out of Echo Bay last weekend and it was very slow up there, almost like it wasn't a summer weekend. We arrived around 3pm, readied the boat and immediately launched, no waiting. The ramp looked good and wide enough for 3 boats at the same time. They moved the marina again and were running off generators, no phone lines, no credit cards,,, but they did have ice cream which made the kids happy.

Out on the lake it was pretty dead, I bet I only saw 20 boats Saturday. I beached so the kids could play around for a couple hours, did some night fishing and then crashed out on the boat. The next morning we anchored off the long beach just south of Overton Beach marina and had the place to ourselves. I was very surprised since this is usually a major hang-out, but not this weekend. The weather was cloudy, mid 70's with a slight breeze, perfect.

Well no trip can be 100% perfect and I thought I had better share. We stopped by the floating outhouse between Overton/Echo and it was floating all right. The best way I can describe it without being disgusting or graphic is,,, it was at "full pool". The road to Echo is under construction and dirt for 20 miles, probably one reason for the light traffic. We came in from the north and the road is very rough. I was riding on the other side of the yellow line a couple times so my trailer tire didn't drop into a deep pothole. There was only about 3-4 miles of dirt road this way though. When we left there was a bunch of traffic heading towards Callville, so instead of choking down dust for 15 miles we went through Overton again.

All in all a good trip, kids had fun, caught some fish...

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

wow i cant believe they are still doing construction out there. I hope they finished that big bridge project now. dan, did you by chance mention anything about the outhouse to anyone? Im curious as to what they had to say about it. Thats glory hole cove, the same place we go. The security of the restroom is nice for the females on board. I wonder if it has anything to do with forever resorts not knowing about it or something? Thats sad if they would just let it go like that.

otherwise, glad to hear you had a great trip! I still havent been out this season yet...:(

fishrdan

Admiral

Yeah, I surprised the road isn't finished up either. I should have let someone know about the outhouse, but when we got back I forgot about it. With the way it looked, I'm sure someone else said something about it. Looked like it hadn't been pumped out since last summer :eek:

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

well, forever resorts took over around feb. 1st or so from what i understand...

I also understand they did not keep many employees of 7 crowns. maybe thats part of the problem.....well, lets hope so anyways! i might make a phone call b4 i head up there this year lol.

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't believe that you guys live in Las Vegas and wait for "the season". the season here is year round. Half the year we bundle up and go fishing; the other half we strip down and go fishing. We put in at boulder harbor, and travel as far as the east side of the narrows. (small fuel tank won't let us go further). Looking to install auxilliary tank to really cruise the lake, and find some new fishing holes. Built a porta potty for my 18' pontoon, so floating outhouses are no problem.:)

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

I can't believe that you guys live in Las Vegas and wait for "the season". the season here is year round. Half the year we bundle up and go fishing; the other half we strip down and go fishing. We put in at boulder harbor, and travel as far as the east side of the narrows. (small fuel tank won't let us go further). Looking to install auxilliary tank to really cruise the lake, and find some new fishing holes. Built a porta potty for my 18' pontoon, so floating outhouses are no problem.:)

yep, your right. year round for fishing. but not for tubing, swimming, skiing, and letting the kids play on the beach. I do plan on fishing this coming winter, but havent before yet. we have been pretty happy boating 1/2 the year in the past. And, i dont know about anyone else but its not all that cheap to just drive out and drop my boat in the water for a day.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

I hope they finished that big bridge project now.(

The Hoover Dam Bypass bridge is set to be open to the public in November. It should save 10-15 min depending on traffic (even an hour or more on crowded days) and you won't have to stop at the security checkpoint anymore.

That thing is impressive!
http://www.google.com/images?q=hoover+dam+bypass&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=9_QfTLPLEsyhnQeW39CADg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CEgQsAQwBA