1967 renault motor manual needed

I am trying to restore a 1967 Reinell I/O with a Renault 4 cylinder engine. Does anyone out there have a parts/repair manual for sale or know where to find one? Seloc is no help, Renault is no help. I got the boat as a basket case, it has a rebuilt head, gasket set, etc. just waiting to be put together. I actually stumbled across another complete engine while looking for an exhaust manifold, picked it up for $400.00.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1967 renault motor manual needed

Go up to the Adults Only Sticky go to the Mercruiser service manual links and download service manual #1. Covers your engine and drive.
One note, it is not a Reinell IO, it's a Reinell boat, with Mercruiser drive train.
You are going to have a lot of problems finding parts for that setup. Most are NLA from Mercruiser, and no aftermarket support.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Take a vacation to France and have an engine shipped back. The bone yards over there are probably still as full of Renaults as they were here at one time. The only neat car they ever built was the top of the line Citroen.

Bondo

Staff member

The only neat car they ever built was the top of the line Citroen.

Ayuh,... I once had a Daphine,.... Neat would be the only way to describe 1, I think,...:D

High Cascades,... Welcome Aboard,.....

If you're doing this for the restoration value of the project,...
Good Luck,.. It'll be long and arduous..

If you're doing it to Go Boatin',....
You might want to reconsider the direction you're headed......

starsnstripers

Lieutenant

WOW they put a renault engine in a boat? Huh! I have a 1966 buick 155 V-6 in a 66 Chris Craft 18' Sportsman Seaskiff and i thought that was odd. lol Where would you get like a head gasket or manifold gasket for one of those beasts?

oldsub86

Petty Officer 1st Class

We had one many years ago in an aluminum Starcraft. 80Hp if I recall correctly. Small inline 4 with overhead cam. No power tilt. There was a crank. Lift the cover, stick the crank handle in the fitting and crank it up manually.

Randy

zbnutcase

Commander

The 155hp V6 you have was made after Buick sold it to Kaiser, and you won't find any GM casting marks or numbers on it. 'nutcase