Any glaring differnces? PCM vs. Indemar

Chaz7R

Seaman Apprentice
I really got into kneeboarding and wakeboarding last year, and am seriously considering a V-drive ski boat this year. It will be used and my budget is trying to stay under 10k. I have been looking at a 94 moomba with a PCM 302, im not to familiar with that (ford) set up somehow it makes me think OMC and to stay clear and look for something with an indemar. Is PCM just as good for a mid 90s tow boat or are there any major performance or quality issues I should know about? Thanks

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Any glaring differnces? PCM vs. Indemar

PCM has been around a very long time and that 302 is all but bullet proof.

Sure, but considering Ford doesn't make marine engines (or the 302) anymore, are you still able to get ALL the common parts needed?

For V-Drive or direct drive wakeboard boats, I would want a 350cid engine for the additional torque. But hey, that's just me.

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

All the common parts will be around for a 302 long after we are all gone, the manifolds are available. The 302 is a great motor.

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have owned three Master Crafts and one Nautique for the 80's and they had PCM motors in them. They were Ford 351 blocks and were extremely reliable and strong running. I had a 90 Master Craft with an indmar good motor but I preferred the PCM's. The were easy to service and maintain. Never and any problems with them and I put over 1800HRs on one of them.