trying to remove swivel shaft

trumanlake

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This one may be for Don. Mercruiser Serial numbers to start: Transom# 0F086629 Drive# 0D876354. Doing some maintenance tryng to get ready for spring, ordered tools for various jobs. Have got to a point where it is time to remove the swivel shaft. The puller I was told I needed will not thread into swivel shaft at all. It is too large in diameter. P/N for puller 91-63616 / 18-9859. Was I given the wrong info for the puller, should it have been the 91-38919 /18-9840?
Would someone know the specs of the threaded ends of the pullers? Kind of confused at this point.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: trying to remove swivel shaft

Have no idea what you are calling a swivel shaft, and I don't try to remember PN's for parts and tools. Can you post a picture of the swivel shaft so we can see what you are referring to?

Fishermark

Vice Admiral

I am curious myself - I wonder if he is talking about the hinge pins?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My guess would be he is talking about ......

Yeah, but I'm not going to clutter the thread with a bunch of WAG's on things that may or may not be what he is talking about.
That's why I request info from the original poster and wait for further info.

trumanlake

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your absolutely correct BoatTech. And that is what they call it in the breakdown. Anyway, went and got a 7/16-14 tap and proceeded to work it into the end of the swivel shaft. It had really corroded. Once that was done the the puller could be threaded into it. Couple of pops with the sllide hammer and out it came. Just thought I'd follow up. Thanks