evinrude 175

johnnyfitz

Cadet
I have 2 evinrudes 175 that were sunk. They were took to a dealer and all cleaned up and were working fine but now they will fire up but when u want to give them some throttle they will jump all over the *** of the boat and cut out!!!!The funny thing is both the motors are doing the same thing. Both are hooked up to diff tanks.They will idle away but it seems like when they heat up they shut off! Can someone please help with some info before this costs me a fortune !!!

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: evinrude 175

Sounds like they are misfiring. Have someone check the timing.

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander

check your fuel for water,might have gotten water in tank ,be sure you have water seperator,if water gets past the seperator it will collect in carb bowls,engines will idle ok ,but wont run under load well,

johnnyfitz

Cadet

check your fuel for water,might have gotten water in tank ,be sure you have water seperator,if water gets past the seperator it will collect in carb bowls,engines will idle ok ,but wont run under load well,

I found out today that when the motor shuts off after going for a while there is no spark right away . So what could this be? I dont think its the power pack because they usually just go and dont work again. I was told it might be the voltage regulator but i dont know where to find that on the engine.That is what makes ur stator work properly is it???

johnnyfitz

Cadet

I found out today that when the motor shuts off after going for a while there is no spark right away . So what could this be? I dont think its the power pack because they usually just go and dont work again. I was told it might be the voltage regulator but i dont know where to find that on the engine.That is what makes ur stator work properly is it???

The funny thing about this is i have 2 175 engines which are doing the exact same thing !!!