volvo part number identification.

corv75

Cadet
Looking at volvo outdrive with tag that says
product#3868389,serial#t0808632,ratio 1.66 Does anyone know what model this part number represents. SX-C, SX-M ? The seller says he can see no such markings. I can filnd no listing for part number on volvo website or any google search.

Thanks for any info.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: volvo part number identification.

That T0808632 serial number is an OMC number, not Volvo which is why you can't find it on Volvo. But the drive is an SX-C1 which is the same as Volvo.
The 3868389 number is the spec number used by both OMC and Volvo during the joint venture for that drive. Any Volvo dealer (including iboats) has parts for the SX-C1 under Volvo.

corv75

Cadet

Wow thanks for the quick response. I currently have SX-M on a 2000 4.3 PEFS engine. So I suppose the SX-C1 will not work?

Don S

Yes, It will work perfectly.

corv75

Cadet

Thanks Don your knowledge to this forum is without a doubt one of the best I have seen on a forum. And I belong to many, PWC,corvette,GMC denali just to name a few. Everyone on this site is lucky to have you. I Thank you for all of us novice. What exactly is the difference between the two drives if you don't mine explaining a little. Is it just the omc brand model name?

corv75

Cadet

So if I go with the SX-C will I be able to hook up the trim senders off my current SX-M and use trim pump/ cylinders. The water tube is not on the C model? Not sure what that does. Sorry for all the Q's

corv75

Cadet

One other thing. I have twins so if I have sx-m on one side and sx-c1 on other will that be a problem?

Don S

Yes, they are the same. They just changed the water tube from copper to SS.

corv75

Cadet

Thanks again looks like i will be picking one up for 600 it was used as a test model and only has 50 hours on. I think I m getting very good deal.