Need help identifiing a motor

Budman 2

Recruit
Recently a friend gave me an Aquabug boat motor that he couldn't get running. I'm not sure just which model it is. I thought it was the 1.2 as it has a two blade prop. Problem with that is everything I have read shows the 1.2 with a float bowl type carb, thumb lever throttle, and weighing about 13 lbs.
This guy has a diaphram pump type carb, no float bowl. It also has a twist grip throttle and weighs about 8.5 lbs according to my bathroom scales. It also has a single screw clamp to hold it to the transom instead of the double screw clamp I see on the 1.2 illistrations I've looked at. It's about 29" tall overall. I need to find a diaphram for the carb to get it running. I'm not sure what I have or where to find parts for it. Anyone have any ideas about what model this is?

Edit... I did some more searching and found this on ebay. It's the same exact motor that I'm looking for the diaphram for. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINT...at_Parts_Accessories_Gear?hash=item27af6e82e4 He says in the description that he made the diaphram for it himself. Maybe I can get him to make me one.

Attachments

• carb closeup.jpg
    carb closeup.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • full motor.jpg
    full motor.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
  • mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Need help identifiing a motor

Ahhhh Yes. Ohlsson Rice engines. They even used those engines on off brand chainsaws. That will make an interesting addition to your outboard collection.:D

Marty Freed

Recruit
Re: Need help identifiing a motor

Hi
I have a running O&R 1964, 1hp outboard..Am I the only one with one of these in this universe?

Last edited by a moderator: