Easy Craigs List repair with Duct tape or a welder!

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Easy Craigs List repair with Duct tape or a welder!

Interesting lol

Id be afraid to touch that thing with a welder heat my warp it. I See the same thing here in Washington state people wanting gold for coal. I been looking at a lot of trailer frames and they are in the 300ish range with no titles and complete basket cases with the ever popular tag "worth that much in scrap"

KeyWestSkipper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The thing is so faded and shot that the pics look like more like photos of watercolor paintings than actual photos.

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class

Really? Only a Hundred Dollars? Im on my way!! LOL Is it worth $10. in scrap? :D

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I'd call that a $100 boat. Not a bad deal--thought I'd offer $50.
The welder you want is called JB Weld.

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class

No title. Around here it would be O.K. for pond fishing because you could never get it registered. I doubt from the condition it would have the manufacture plate. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it.

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Jeez.

$100 bucks for a 10ft boat.

Is registration really gonna be an issue? A little JB weld or one of those aluminum sticks you melt with a torch and that looks like a decent fly fishing boat.

I sold a similar boat (no leak though) for $400 last spring.

rainman99

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just want to see the video of the guy that gos on the water with the duct tape repair. (Hurry up and save the Beer):D

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer

Heck, I bought my 10 ft jon for $100, and it was in much better shape than that. I did have a 1" seam/crack in the bow, and had a friend weld it up. If someone knows what they are doing, anything can be welded. But on the flip side, that thing looks like it would take a lot of welding to make it float.​

I would offer $25 and buy a few tubes of JB Weld. Could make a good puddle fisher. It does seem weird how little jons can bring some good money around here. Even more with a title.​

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

What a bargain and only one hole :D

Triton II

Commander

One careful owner, only one hole! Chewing gum repair?

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

I just want to see the video of the guy that gos on the water with the duct tape repair. (Hurry up and save the Beer):D

Mythbusters did this one.

A dry patch lasted a long time.

An underwater repair, not so much.

And a sailboat made from duct tape did surprisingly well.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

The guy has already taken his ad down, but I can tell what it is just by he comments here.

Don't you just love the bargain boats with no paperwork and the descriptions of how little it would take, to make them something other than disaster waiting to happen?

I think tha these are same guys who built and sold the first tickets to the Titanic!

???

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

dammit. Ad was deleted before I saw it.:mad:

j_martin

Admiral

My first bass bote was a 16 ft Quachita aluminum jon bote. Paid a grand for it with a 20 merc and forward stick steering on it. Ran it for 3 years, hard, as I soon found out I could win bass tournaments by blowing over brush lines and beaver dams to get to the pools on the other side.

Most emergency repairs, the worst of which was a 6 inch rip from getting washed up onto the broken granite rip rap by an idiot in a 3 story diesel powered monster boat, were made with bath tub caulk. That was back when it was acetic acid cure, and the fumes would make your eyelashes fall off. We'd drag it out onto the trailer to get the hole out of the water, blob on a patch, smooth it out with whatever was handy, and as soon as it formed a tack, throw the boat back into the water. By the time I made a quick trip to the porta-john, it was good to go.

Sold it for a grand as is, and had guys fighting over it. One offered me a bonus if I would stiff the other that had spoken for it.

LOL
John

hshift

Seaman Apprentice

My first bass bote was a 16 ft Quachita aluminum jon bote.

Dude, mis-spelling or mis-typing is one thing, but not knowing how to spell B-O-A-T!! On THIS forum? C,mon!