Can't locate a Carb Kit for a '64 J 90hp

jiminmontana

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have been LOOKING for a carb kit that may not be made anymore. My '64 Johnson 90 hp has a gummy carb/choke. Also, the solenoid for the choke is toast. Locating both of these is important. Finally, I would replace the needles and seats if I could find those.

A used ignition coil is on its way, but I would love to pop in a slightly hotter coil so as to open the spark gap a bit -- the lower unit shows a lot of unburned oil from the exhaust.

Once all this can be done, I plan to replace all the bearings and o-rings/seals, but I think that I can find these OK.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Can't locate a Carb Kit for a '64 J 90hp

I have been LOOKING for a carb kit that may not be made anymore. My '64 Johnson 90 hp has a gummy carb/choke. Also, the solenoid for the choke is toast. Locating both of these is important. Finally, I would replace the needles and seats if I could find those.

A used ignition coil is on its way, but I would love to pop in a slightly hotter coil so as to open the spark gap a bit -- the lower unit shows a lot of unburned oil from the exhaust.

Once all this can be done, I plan to replace all the bearings and o-rings/seals, but I think that I can find these OK.

Needles & seats come with the carb kit. Last time I priced one, it was over $300.