fuel line cable ties

tim482

Cadet
Does anybody know where i can purchase the fuel line zip ties,i didnt realize the fuel line type were different untill i rebuilt my carbs and the regular flat style ties just leak,,thanks Tim

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: fuel line cable ties

BRP/Evinrude authorized dealers sell them as part #0320107 in packs of 100.

They close better if you use a tool.

Attachments

• 0320107.jpg
    0320107.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 0

MudLake

Seaman

BRP/Evinrude authorized dealers sell them as part #0320107 in packs of 100.

They close better if you use a tool.

I used regular cable ties. Maybe mistake

How are the dealer tie different?????

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

As you can see in the picture they have a ramped face that fits the contour of the hoses. They are listed in the parts diagrams for specified uses.

Other companies also have them - that's just the OMC/BRP part number.

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer

I buy mine from the local auto parts store.

mercu1

Recruit

Does anybody know where i can purchase the fuel line zip ties,i didnt realize the fuel line type were different untill i rebuilt my carbs and the regular flat style ties just leak,,thanks Tim

The ties you are looking for are called clamp ties. They are different than regular zip ties both in material and function. One difference is the material has a higher temperature rating. Another difference is the shape of the head is curved underneath to provide a better 360? distributed force.

They are made by HellermannTyton. Two part numbers. One is an 8" length and the other is 4" length.

CTT60R0HSC2 (8")
CTT20R0HSC2 (4")

As mentioned by another writer, you can buy them at McMaster Carr. Mcmaster Carr part numbers are:

6705K36 (8") $13.62/100
6705K35 (4") $10.02/100

My opinion: They are cheap, easy to use and if they are good enough for OEM outbaord manufacturers they are good enough.

bbstacker1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

+1 to what mercu1 said.

www.mcmaster.com>fasteners>cable ties>Flush fit cable ties, pick the size

kbait

Commander

For smaller motors (2-40hp) I work on, if you use 5/32" line pump to carb, and 5/16" connector to pump , you don't really need a tie to seal, as they fit snugly and the tie is just used as a 'keeper' so line can't slide off nipple barb. If you use 3/16" and 3/8" line for the same purposes, you need to clamp it down on the nipples to seal. Just my .02

likitvi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use regular cable ties to secure the connections in the fuel line between tank and engine. Outside the engine cover, that is. Inside I would also recommend something that has certainly suitable material qualities.
I use also 3/8" fuel line with 5/16" connectors, the trick to make regular ties tight is to use two ties so that they are wound in opposing directions around the hose.

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice

+1 to what mercu1 said.

www.mcmaster.com>fasteners>cable ties>Flush fit cable ties, pick the size

Do I need to use a tightening tool on these Flush-Fit Cable Ties, or can I just pull snug with pliers?
Fuel lines on a 150 Merc 2-stroke Carb.

Thanks

John

phipps

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oops. I just redid all my fuel lines and used standard zip ties. Guess I know what I'm doing this winter.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I use the regular ties, but I use the special tool to tighten them to the proper tension. I have never had a problem with a fuel/air leak at the connections.

mercu1

Recruit

Do I need to use a tightening tool on these Flush-Fit Cable Ties, or can I just pull snug with pliers?
Fuel lines on a 150 Merc 2-stroke Carb.

Thanks

John

John,

I have done it both ways. You can get them tight enough without the tool if you have enough room which I think is usually the case. I also have the tool and that is what use since I have it. If I had it to do over again I am not sure I would buy the tool.

Soctt

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice

John,

I have done it both ways. You can get them tight enough without the tool if you have enough room which I think is usually the case. I also have the tool and that is what use since I have it. If I had it to do over again I am not sure I would buy the tool.

Soctt

Thanks Scott