General idea of what OB I have

made in china

Seaman
I am new to the outboard boat world, and I need a bit of help ID'ing my outboard. I know it is a Mercury 115 straight 6 2 stroke, but after searching the service manuals, I am confused. The previous owner stated that it is a 1990 Merc. However, I keep finding that the straight 6 was discontinued in the late 80's. And the service manuals show a V4 for 1990 2 stroke 115's.

Looking at my pic, is it possible this is a 1990 Merc? I don't need an exact answer, just curious. The boat is all stored away right now so I can't get the id plate info, but on the transom mount I did see a plate that said 1990 on it, however I also found that these parts can be interchanged between certain engine familys...

IMG_4954.jpg

Thanks!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: General idea of what OB I have

You have the 105 c.i 4 cylinder engine made from 1989 to 1993 then they went to a bigger 113 c.i block.

"G"

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: General idea of what OB I have

I have a 95 115 that looks like that. Mine is 2 stroke, 4 cylinder. It used to be the band color told you what year the motor was built. Then they used the same cover for several years and blew that theory. Look for a SN and then get back to us.