Find Free Hard Drive Wipe Software

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello to everyone,
I own a Emachine T2792 desk top computer and I installed windows 7 but decided since it isn't working right to revert back, using my Recovery disk, to Windows XP that came with the computer. I have decided after racking my brain that I might as well as well wipe the hard drive clean with a free hard drive wipe software. Is there such software available and if so should I do that or do something else. This is for my young daughter and she is driving me crazy asking me when I am getting it fixed for her but I am having a hard time getting it back to where it was before so I am asking you for your help. Thanks and let me know. Take care, Bob

ThumbPkr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Find Free Hard Drive Wipe Software

Download Hirens boot CD,there are plenty of utilities on that that will do just about anything that you want.Ron G
http://www.hiren.info/

cc350

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Type in Kill Disk in search window. They have a free version for download. The program works great, I have used it for years. It will wipe the hard drive clean and format it for a fresh install of your operating system.:)

cribber

Lieutenant

If you want to completely wipe the hard drive go to this site.

http://www.dban.org/about

Darik's Boot and Nuke software will wipe out all detected hard drives on the computer. This software is used by recyclers and resellers to clean a pc of all data and render all data on the hard drive unrecoverable.

This software was reccommended by CNet.

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks to everyone. I am good to go. I re-installed Windows XP Professional back on her computer today after reformatting her hard drive. Were good and fixed and working AWESOME. TAke care, Bob :)

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

windows itself can kill itself as easily as it installed itself(if not easier) i know if you boot to a vista or 7 disk you can go into the repair menu, open command prompt, and type 'FORMAT C:' then hit yes or whatever and it will completely erase the hard drive including the OS..