Its time for the Winter Olympics!!

Bigprairie1

Commander
Ok,
for those of you...that may not know, it's time for the winter Olympics...starting this weekend.
The funny and ironic thing is that is a very mild winter up in Vancouver this year with little snow on the local mountains. Meanwhile back down in Georgia and all those southern locals....you can't get rid of it. Well....truck it up here!!!
The alpine events will be held up at Whistler which is serious premium ski hill so it should have better conditions than the local Vancouver hills which were intended to do the less ski & snowboard events.
Of course the big events...and I do mean big, will be the hockey and the downhill skiing. As for me, I'm looking forward to the big hockey showdown with all the big dogs in town for it (Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane, Iginla, Thornton, etc, etc).:D
Interestingly earlier today they passed the Olympic torch across the line to our American neighbours to share and carry in the spirit of...well, good neighbours and the fact that Washington State and B.C shares a lot of stuff including commerce.
As well, and I had to laugh at this, one of the torch bearers on thursday is going to be Arnold Schwarnegger....hilarious!! ..and I have no idea why tho'.
Regardless...its going to be good and of course to a northernly country like Canada it is always of interest sportwise.
(oh....the hockey is going to be very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
All Good
BP:):cool:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Its time for the Winter Olympics!!

They still have hockey in the olympics? :)

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Having just come back from 2 weeks skiing in Italy, my wife and I are SO looking forward to the telecast... I just hope they put enough of it on free-to-air.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 0

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

They still have hockey in the olympics? :)

You do know them's are fighting words, don't you?

Plan to watch both men and womens hockey as well as curling.

Should keep me busy all week.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Hockey, Hockey, Hockey. Bring it on !!!!:)
Bob sled, luge, skeleton all great to watch.
To me curling is good to watch when you need a nap on the couch with the fireplace roaring !!
Oh Yes !!!! and the hockey :D:D:D

tallcanadian

Captain

The hockey is usually awesome as well. I'll have grab some extra cases of brew for the events. The olympics and Nascar, I should hang a couple more tv's in the living room.

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Man I cant wait for Hockey! This is the year for USA to take a double Hockey Gold! Mens and Women!!:D:D:D

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bobsled, luge with no snow we call that mud-riding down here:D:D hey yall watch-is...yeeee haaaa...

puddle jumper

Captain

Man I cant wait for Hockey! This is the year for USA to take a double Hockey Gold! Mens and Women!!:D:D:D

Naaa cant happen ;) you guys may have gotten the juniors but we are going to clean house this time :D.

Bigprairie1

Commander

It would be nice to get tickets for the Gold medal final game (hockey of course) but at prices starting from $8000 for two tickets....thats a bit steep for me.:eek:
That said, my sister works for NBC who are covering the Olympics and she knows I would love to see that game....so you never know, maybe she can sneak me in somehow.:D:D
BP:):cool:

bigb2008

Seaman

My uncle is an announcer for the games(has been for years), he's headed up there soon to start prepping... (not mentioning names, as some of you may or may not like him from NY sports.. )

Can't wait, should be a good games!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

$8000, thats a good deal :rolleyes:
is that van oc's scalping prices or private.;)