Crappie Jon, 1991

blimp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just acquired this, already enjoy it quite a bit. Came with a 25hp evinrude, 1985 model. Pretty darn quick, almost scary fast for its size.

Does anybody have any details on this model? I noticed the floor is aluminum, is there foam under it? If so, is this the type of foam that can become water logged?

A few leaky rivets, she takes on a few gallons an hour. Going to fill her up with water to find em, any hints as to what to seal them up with?

Thanks,
blimp

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Crappie Jon, 1991

The floor is welded in, so unfortunately i cannot get to the tops of the rivets to re-hammer them.

Anybody have luck with this?

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0001390010655a.shtml

I used the cabela's patch made by 3M and it has worked well so far.:) Used a propane torch to melt it on- piece of cake.

I only used it on the exterior unfortunately since I had already sprayed bedliner previously inside.

Gluvit(from iboats) is the way to go on aluminum rivets and seams. It creeps right into them and is flexible, permanent and can be painted. It can be used inside or out and works better than anything else out there.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just acquired this, already enjoy it quite a bit. Came with a 25hp evinrude, 1985 model. Pretty darn quick, almost scary fast for its size.

Does anybody have any details on this model?

Thanks,
blimp

I have some Alumacraft brochures. This is the 1991 brochure page for your boat.

Hope it helps.

Photograph7050.jpg

Photograph70C100-1.jpg

Because the capacity and boat weight was TBD (to be determined). This is the 1992 brochure page for your boat.

Photograph7150.jpg

Photograph71C100-1.jpg

Enjoy your boat!

blimp

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's some great info, thanks!

Had some issues with the engine, but all fixed up now. Took her out on the lake today an hit 29.5mph in choppy water!