No More Snow!

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You have got to be kidding me!:mad: another 6-10 inches of snow!:eek: I know we in ohio didnt get as much as others in the last storm but it was a complete wight out and it sucked!

I guess all of us in the north are eating our words for pocking fun at the folks down south during that two week freeze they had. :D

The post that was made for those down south to help with cracked blocks was great, I guess this is their chance to make a thread on home remedies for back pain! There are going to be a lot of folks holding shovels for the next few days!

I sure am glad I got a plow for my tractor, at least I dont have to shovel!:D:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: No More Snow!

More snow means more $'s. Send some over here......

skargo

Banned

Just got 30"+ here this weekend, with another 12"+ called for tomorrow night and Wed :eek:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Went snowshoeing up in the mountains above Los Angeles yesterday but then got to go back home and watch the Super Bowl poolside. Was close to 70 degrees.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Well springs here, I can see the gravel on the driveway and the snow banks are slowly recieding.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Send all the snow our way in MN. Snowmobiling is what gets us through our 9 months of winter.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

bruceb58, that is what i like about living in San Diego.

skargo

Banned

bruceb58, that is what i like about living in San Diego.

I lived there twice, and I liked that too. What I didn't like was the overcrowded population and the Government, but here I am, living in MD(CA East) but at least I live in a rural area and don't have to even see a neighbor's house unless I want too.

Aviator5

Chief Petty Officer

I wish we had a few feet of snow here so I can go play with my snowblower for a change, but it is god damn cold, and no snow.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I live in NE Ohio and what sucks about the snow the most is watching the city workers who should be plowing sitting in a parking lot while you try to plow trough the snow up to your rocker panels when they should be clearing the way.

Moody Blue

Captain

Crazy winter weather this year for sure. Was extremely warm for the longest time then turned bitter cold and stayed that way for the most part. We have only about 1/4 of the typical snowfall for the area and its playing havoc with the recreational snowmobiling industry. Personally I don't mind one bit because I have only had to shovel my driveway once and then only about 4".

Now I've really done it. It'll likely snow like a SOB for the rest of the season :eek:

a70eliminator

Captain

I live in NE Ohio and what sucks about the snow the most is watching the city workers who should be plowing sitting in a parking lot while you try to plow trough the snow up to your rocker panels when they should be clearing the way.
I'm a stateworker and I assure you there is alot of truth to your staement, but we have a reputation to uphold.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Currently on a quick business trip in Grand Rapids Michigan. All is well currently, nice sunny day today but a lot of snow forecast for Tuesday. Hope to get done what I have to and get home before it starts !!:eek:

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OMG I hate that, or they are just sitting on the shoulder of the highway watching people get stuck!

skargo

Banned

As much as I love snow, sometimes it makes me mad.

I watched this happen today. I got this installed right before our last 2' or more blizzard in December. I am installing snow guards and a gutter eventually, but that's doing me NO good now. :mad:

That's a LOT of snow,
19732_479643630651_554955651_10871068_3890401_n.jpg

Those metal uprights should be parallel to the wood posts! one is resting on my boats rub rail in this picture.
19732_479644980651_554955651_10871072_4479793_n.jpg

I used a 2x3 to clear the snow a little at a time, from underneath my pole barn's lean too :eek: The things we do for our boats. The carport leaned back towards upright, and it's off my boat for now.

Of course, with the now 12-18" they are calling for, I will have more stress in my life!

This is not like MD at all!

gonefishie

Commander

looks like you can at least say you have experienced an avalanche.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Another possible 18" coming here tonight and tomorrow. I do not have a snowblower. Kill me.

skargo

Banned

Another possible 18" coming here tonight and tomorrow. I do not have a snowblower. Kill me.

Try 24", that's what they are saying on the local news :eek: I really hope my boatport holds up, it's already leaning over, and I almost buried myself in an avalanche cleaning it off.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

We have had hardly any snow. I've only started the snow blower once, and that was just to ensure it was running okay.
Hopefully all we'll get the rest of the winter is the cold, I don't mind that just bundle up.