What boat is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottrn

Cadet
I know, strange post but I just got this boat/trailer and was looking for some info on it. I can get more pictures but now this is the only one I have. The registration says 'hawkline' but I think that badge on the boat refers to a marina in RI, not sure. Googled 1962 hawkline and got nothing, even on I-boats so if its not n here, it don't exist!
Anyway, just looking for some info.
Boat is 18 feet and has a very broad beam, was previously wired for radios so I assume offshore? No coast guard rating plate so I dont even know what motor hp to get, po said he had a 90 hp and it went fine. I have an 80hp, would I be wasting my time?
Thanks and sorry if wrong forum!

Scott

Attachments

• free1.jpg
    free1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: What boat is this?

Congratulations on your new project. I've never heard of any marina putting a badge on a boat, Sooo.. if that's what it says that's probably what you've got. Get her cleaned out and see what you have to work with. Post some more pics and it looks like you'll be making friends with the guys who hang in the restoration threads....:)
Fair Seas.

HW

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Look for a HIN on the right rear of the hull, just below the rubrail. if you don't have one then it's pre-1977.
Looks like they were made in Mass.

This is from NADA.
HAWKLINE BOAT CO
NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION.
1980 1981 1982 1983

scottrn

Cadet

Thanks for the replies. The registration says 1962 hawkline, the badge has a RI address so I now know thats right.
How do I determine appropriate hp? As I said the PO had a 90 hp on it and said it did fine. Theres no coast guard data plate on it, so is there some mathematical formula? I'm working today but can get more pictures tomorrow, cant really clean it out yet as everythings frozen!

Scott

rgclark68

Recruit

I have a 1959 Hawkline
It was sold to my grandfather new by the Hawkins (no relation to the Hawkline name) brothers (George and Nelson) who had a dealership in Providence, RI I believe
Nelson actually lives around the corner from me. I asked him recently about where the boats came from and said they were built in Maine.
He couldn't remember the name of the yard or the town but he mentioned visiting Shaw and Tenney (Orano, ME) during the trips.
I'm trying to get more information on the boats myself, bu definitely built in Maine.

The attached ia 13' Hawkline built in '59

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.