looking to get a boat

seaboo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: looking to get a boat

Sorry, I know nothing useful about that boat, but I just had to add that is a good looking boat.

Rwebber77

Petty Officer 3rd Class

is this a good boat? couldnt find it in my NADA book http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/boa/1562291749.html

Super nice looking, but what the heck would you do with it besides get wind-burnt? Also, have you talked to this seller yet? The motor alone would go for more than they are asking and there are some noticeable grammar and spelling errors that I've seen on a lot of CL scams...

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

well, I am not familiar with that boat but that price is very good. I would be worried that the motor or boat have some serious issues if they are willing to let it go for that price. Then again, maybe it is a forced sale because of divorce.

The address checks out on google maps; it's the same house but the boat is not in the driveway.

If you can meet the seller in person, at that address and everything checks out...definitely worth the price.

As mentioned..not really a fishing boat but looks like fun for a weekend at the lake.

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

On that first boat, I REALLY like the seating.

I don't know if I'd call that a 'ski boat' though...more of a 'go fast and that's it boat', from the looks of things.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

That searay is an OMC with ford engine, not the best choice for a first boat, especially if you have a budget and cannot or will not be doing ALL of your own work. Some parts will be NLA.

That first boat looks pretty good to me, it has low freeboard, but depending on where you use it, that could be fine. $1600 negotiable, on a $1000 trailer, I'd be checking it out.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

For I/O boats stick with Mercruiser or Volvo. Also avoid the Mercruiser 470 (3.7L 4 cyl 170HP). For outboards, all are fine except Chrysler/Force as they are no longer made or fully supported with parts.

Rwebber77

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Depending on how far away the centurion is I would be looking at it for sure, look at the title and compare it with the HIN etc start it on some muffs at least. The package is WELL worth what he is asking for it, even if it needed a bit of work. tuneup,waterpump etc. that would actually make a pretty decent watersport boat the seating is great and open for people and gear. You could easily get a windshield for it. I had a Wellcraft with a 200 outboard and it pulled anything I put behind it and never even blinked.

new2boat

Cadet

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

May I respectfully suggest we're getting too deep into your shopping. No one knows your needs, intended use, skills or finances so the value of opinions would be limited, except as to obvious problems or steals.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

The '86 four winns is worth looking at, the others, PASS! Chrysler OB's, OMC, water in oil..... all reasons to run.

new2boat

Cadet

i like the four winns but i dont know if i will be able to talk him down, nada is onlt 1200 ish, and while i know this isnt a realistic price, no ones buying boats yet everyone seems to think theirs is worth its weight in gold out here, i saw one boat with obvious transom rotting and the guy was like oh no thats fine, wouldnt budge on his 1300 price, i offered 400, and walked. that being said whats wrong with the bayliner with the johnson? also the chrysler OB would probably only be used for one season so if it could last that i would be fine with it

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That one is very nice. Would be a deal even at full price.