Found a NEW 1997 Suzuki DT 30

willietwosix

Recruit
we have been cleaning out my parents garage ( they are finally moving to a smaller house ) and i found a brand new 1997 suzuki dt 30 still in plastic... never started.... my dad remembers buying it and never used it... we did a service on it and made sure it was oiled up etc... threw it in the barrel and it fired up second pull... its mint... put it on my friends aluminum over the weekend and shes perfect... brand new and 13 years old? so strange...

now i want to use it and im wondering if i can still buy controls for it? can i get a universal cable set up or is it electric? do i need a special harness?

i have a seadoo jet boat so i dont know much about outboards.... but i am going to buy an aluminum if i can set it up with this motor and controls....

please help..

turn2

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Found a NEW 1997 Suzuki DT 30

Parts are still out there to make this happen. Is the motor a tiller handle? If not you are half way there. If it has the tiller handle , it will be a little harder.
If the motor is for remote set up be sure you get a boat with the steering set up. Hope this helps