1969 85hp NO SPARK

penosky79

Recruit
Help! :confused: I?ve learned a ton from reading other people?s forums however I?m still really confused. I?ve checked the gap of the plugs and cleaned the stator and fly wheel (still no spark), but some people are saying to check the ?gap? of the pins. What does this mean? I don?t want to take something apart and not know what I?m looking at. I?ve also had to re-wire the power pack because it was wired wrong. It?s a 4 cylinder engine and the yahoo that owned it before me had a power pack to a 3 cylinder engine on there. I think he had to re-wire a bunch of things because of this but I?m not sure. I recently got a wiring diagram from a very kind person on here and I am slowly trying to make sense of the mess. I haven?t tried to start it after re-wiring the power pack because I was told that it shouldn?t affect it. FYI, I had to move the purple wire from the power pack to the right 1 spot. Not sure if this had anything to do with it, but just so you know. If anyone has any advice it will be greatly appreciated. :)

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1969 85hp NO SPARK

Help! :confused: I?ve learned a ton from reading other people?s forums however I?m still really confused. I?ve checked the gap of the plugs and cleaned the stator and fly wheel (still no spark), but some people are saying to check the ?gap? of the pins. What does this mean? I don?t want to take something apart and not know what I?m looking at. I?ve also had to re-wire the power pack because it was wired wrong. It?s a 4 cylinder engine and the yahoo that owned it before me had a power pack to a 3 cylinder engine on there. I think he had to re-wire a bunch of things because of this but I?m not sure. I recently got a wiring diagram from a very kind person on here and I am slowly trying to make sense of the mess. I haven?t tried to start it after re-wiring the power pack because I was told that it shouldn?t affect it. FYI, I had to move the purple wire from the power pack to the right 1 spot. Not sure if this had anything to do with it, but just so you know. If anyone has any advice it will be greatly appreciated. :)

You mean the gap of the breaker points? That's a possibility. One of many possibilities. You need to go through this thing with an orderly, sensible procedure. Or you can guess at stuff and maybe get lucky before summer is over.