what is it

joeicnfxit

Recruit
Hi Guys
I'm sure you have been asked this question lots..
I have a 1968 14 ft Duratech i know that much
it has closed bow wood dash and no side walls it has the duratch logo on it but i have no idea what model it is or the engine limit ..
love this little boat got a 1958 johnson 10hp to put on it and all the controls but might want to go bigger later got eight engines to choose from ..Joe

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: what is it

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum! First of all...do you have some digital pics you can post? One good way is to first have the picture hosted at a site like Tiny Pic: http://www.tinypic.com Browse for your picture, upload it, and then in seconds, it provides the code text for posting on forums. Just copy that exact text and insert it into your next post. You can upload as many as you want and paste the text for as many pics as you like here. It would be great to see the interior, decking, hull, etc.

Does the boat have an ID tag? It would be a good thing to know the model name as well as the serial number, if that is present. Most Duratechs have a small aluminum tag, maybe 2 inch by 3 inch. Please send that to the Duratech site email at: duratech@duratechboats.com. This way, we'll also have you email address, and you'll receive the annual newsletter this spring, as well as any other items of importance throughout the year. Nothing but "Duratech related" stuff is sent to your email.

Once we get the model & serial, or at the very least see several pics here, it won't be a problem to identify what you've got.

joeicnfxit

Recruit

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zhs9w.jpg

Here is a pic if i did it right. I have to uncover the boat to find the hull id ..
However it may be on the last reg that is in my truck thanks for now
I have other pics that i will upload after i know i have done it correctly
Joe

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class

The way you've added the link works just fine; clicking on it allows us to see your boat pic in a new window. Cool little runabout!

The image definitely dates your Duratech as having been produced by Penn Yan, after Duratech was sold to them in '65. Beginning in '66, the Duratech hulls were slightly redesigned by Penn Yan, using the lap strake hull rather than smooth aluminum panels.

Many guys are told their Duratech is a particular year, but the styling and serial number often tell a much different story. Yours may very well be a '68! Post more pics when you can, and we'll soon upload it to the gallery on the DuratechBoats website.

Share more of the story and what you've done with it.

JoeMan