Four Winns

cbavier

Lieutenant
Michigan Noon "9 & 10 News" Cadillac, MI

The acquisition of Four Winns and Wellcraft by the Platinum Equity Group was finalized at 9:00am today.

Back in December, the President of Four Winns said if Platinum Equity won the bid to act as a new parent company, it planned to keep the manufacturer in Cadillac and possibly expand it's production line. Four Winns still believes that is what will happen.

Four Winns says it is excited about the backing of Platinum Equity. Platinum says a smooth transition is a top priority.

Sales had been announced last fall but it had to clear some hurdles before it could be finalized.

The news also said Platinum plans to increase production soon at Four Winns.

ruizsantana

Cadet
Re: Four Winns

Michigan Noon "9 & 10 News" Cadillac, MI

The acquisition of Four Winns and Wellcraft by the Platinum Equity Group was finalized at 9:00am today.

Back in December, the President of Four Winns said if Platinum Equity won the bid to act as a new parent company, it planned to keep the manufacturer in Cadillac and possibly expand it's production line. Four Winns still believes that is what will happen.

Four Winns says it is excited about the backing of Platinum Equity. Platinum says a smooth transition is a top priority.

Sales had been announced last fall but it had to clear some hurdles before it could be finalized.

The news also said Platinum plans to increase production soon at Four Winns.

Good news for Michigan. I hope they come back strong and hope that the ownership transition has no negative impact on product quality. In the express cruiser segment, Four Winns seems to have made some great leaps forward in recent years, I think they were my favorite express cruisers and the most recent boat shows I've visited. Nicely designed and appointed, but ALSO with safety and practicality in mind... Things like actual useable bow rails (tall enough and sturdy), side decks that you could walk on, grab bars in the right places, etc.

cbavier

Lieutenant
Re: Four Winns

I've been inside the factory and Genmar treated me like a king. Even tried to sell me a (probably) 44 footer they were custom building. A BIG Boat anyway. They must have had about 40 boats somewhere in the building process. I only live about 60-70 miles from the factory. They give tours every Friday at 9:00 a.m. and walk you through the entire molding and building process. It was a very educational and interesting experience. The quality seemed impeccable, of course I'm prejudice.
Yes there can be nothing but positive come out of this for Michigan because we have the highest unemployment rate in the country and Four Winns has a great reputation.