vro problem

rockybottom

Recruit
I discoverd today that there is fuel in the pulse limiter pressure vacum hose . that goes to the crankcase . its the hose that comes from the fuel side of the vro pump on my 200 hp johnson. and its smoking bad. Does that mean the diphram is bad on the pump? Thanks

SparkieBoat

Captain
Re: vro problem

also have you checked your compression...sounds like bad rings possibly

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

I discoverd today that there is fuel in the pulse limiter pressure vacum hose . that goes to the crankcase . its the hose that comes from the fuel side of the vro pump on my 200 hp johnson. and its smoking bad. Does that mean the diphram is bad on the pump? Thanks

Yes.

redfish1940

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks I didn't think there should be any fuel in that hose.

it runs rough and the compression is beteen 90 and 85 on all cylinders. Starts good.

I was told thats ok.

I going to order a kit I let you know In a week or so if it worked.

Tarponcaptain

Recruit

I am new so forgive any mistakes please, I have a 2001 90 that has had the oil side of the fuel system unhooked, ran good and then it smokes, missed, surged, and burned the heck out of fuel. I found out after 4 carb rebuilds, power pack and optical sensor, new plugs, it was the fuel side diaphragm was putting fuel into the crankcase through the pulse limiter. that has flooded out the 2 lower cylinders and they stop working after about 2 minutes of running. you could pull the lower plug wires off and it didn't change a thing. also un-used fuel came out of exhaust like mud. I hope this helps someone. I will ad I am prepped to remove the entire pump and put an non VRO one on part # 0438559

cdn-pk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's interesting i have a 86 120hp and it smokes pretty bad on start up, and i do see i little gas/oil in the water but never seems to be bad while running. never thought of pulling off the vacuum hose to see if there is any fuel. will have to inspect mine.

Thanks all for sharing

cheers