opinion on price of outdrive

ricovw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Alpha I Gen II leg in excellent condition, full transom assembly, and all other parts to convert from yammie, to mercruiser. I already have the 3.0 merc with all its components. I am going to strip my 3.0 and put on the merc stuff, and have the merc 3.0 as a backup motor. I realize it is a lot of work, but i love my boat.
My yammie is great, i may not do the switch right away, i just want the stuff in stock for when the inevitable happens.
Approx 3200 for all the stuff, supposedly 4 years old. What do you guys think?

ricovw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: opinion on price of outdrive

I did look into it, but i need a lot of parts. I felt it would be more cost effective to go this route. I guess if i found a donor boat, that would be good.
I was leaning towards merc because, like nuts said on a different post, "the parts are pretty much available at 7-11". That is the lure for me. I can go on a holiday 8 hrs from home, and if i have an issue, Joes marine down the road will surely be able to help.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

What boat are we talking about here?

ricovw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's a 17.5 ft canaventure caliente. Year is 1994. It has crossed my mind to sell my yammie stuff on ebay or something to offset that 3 grand cost. You bring up a good point bubba, 3 grand is a lot to spend for maybe one day. These things dont present themselves all that often around here.