Lund hits break wall

mikastorm

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Lund meets breakwall

If the link doesn,t work go to fishUSA forums. general boating.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Lund hits break wall

looks like we found the 'missing link '
:D

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

A completely avoidable accident. Running a boat at 30 - 40 mph (article says that's what he was doing) at night is a pretty dumb thing to do. Depending on an autopilot/gps to drive the boat for you, when you have not made a point of knowing the area well enough to navigate by yourself, is even worse. Its bad enough that the adullts got hurt, but sending a toddler to the hospital with two broken legs sort of gets you angry!

I was out in my boat today and was "treated" to the sight of some moron, who was running through the bends in a bayou at about 80 mph. The boat was the typical "go fast" bass boat, with a great big Verado, much like the one on the Lund. This boat was running on about a foot of the hull (center section only) and was barely in control, as is also common. I actually thought he was going to lose it, when he went over my wake.

Whatever happened to a nice, relaxed ride in the boat to wind down from everyday life? Seems like everything these days as to be at "78 speed!"

???"

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

A completely avoidable accident. Running a boat at 30 - 40 mph (article says that's what he was doing) at night is a pretty dumb thing to do.

I totally agree. Moving to fast to react to conditions (Overdriving your field of view to me) is insane.
Every year some idiot plows his boat into the breakwall at Ludington ( Mich.) and is full of excuses when really there isn't one!:mad:

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My computers linkage is bad. Should I grease it? Or replace it? It is an old Dell and I cannot find a zerk on it anywhere....

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I would run synthetic oil, up the power by using any available 220 line and if you screen is LCD you need to check the liquid AND the crystals! :D

mikastorm

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I,m sorry guys but for some reason I can not post the link.
Jay glad you were smart enough to type fishusa.com.
That was an ugly accident. Dang good thing they had on their life jackets. The way the windshield was flattend I would guess the driver blew threw it. Any new boater should take a safety course.

mikastorm

Petty Officer 2nd Class

088.jpg

105mod.jpg

106mod.jpg

gonefishie

Commander

If the crystal is sweet and the liquid is drinkable then you're on the right track. LCD = liquored crystal display. :D

mars bar

Petty Officer 1st Class

he's gonna wear out a couple of rubber mallets on that one. Darwin Rules.

JRJ

Commander

Too many rods and not enough horsepower to clear the rocks. Easy come, easy go I guess :rolleyes: