Washington fishing guides...any good ones?

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I live in washington state, I am wanting to take my father on a guided fishing trip sometime this year. he just had a birthday, and I told him my present was a guided fishing trip! It will be the first time for both of us. Is there anyone in washington who is or can recommend a good guide? It needs to be in the seattle through bellingham area.

thanks.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Re: Washington fishing guides...any good ones?

I would visit a few locally-owned tackle shops and ask them for recomendations. That we you might be able to screen out the guide wannabe's who just want to take your money. My 2 cents of course.

PW2

Commander

What do you want to fish for?

For steelhead, there are guides but realistically if you want a greater chance of success, you're chances are better on the Olympic Peninsula (Hoh River)

For saltwater species (salmon. bottom fish, etc) it is of course seasonal and sometimes spotty. My experience is that the available guides are all pretty good (Do a google search) and success is more likely determined by the fishing on the day chosen than on the skill of the individual guide involved.

martyh

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I live in washington state, I am wanting to take my father on a guided fishing trip sometime this year. he just had a birthday, and I told him my present was a guided fishing trip! It will be the first time for both of us. Is there anyone in washington who is or can recommend a good guide? It needs to be in the seattle through bellingham area.

thanks.

Isaac,

Just depends when you want to go and what you wanna fish for. A few of us are going out on a charter boat in the spring for Halibut as well as the Salmon seasons. More than welcome to hang out with us.