I got my permit!

coolguy147

Commander
w00t i can now drive a car haha. next thing is an airplane:eek:

might go driving later today. just a little suggestion to stay off the roads haha...:D

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: I got my permit!

Congrats buddy!! Ahhh...that brings back memories....:D
Kinda gives you that "i'm the man now" feeling...;)

Be careful out there....

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

I almost crashed my grandmas car the first day I got my permit! don't get too ballsy

pduquette

Ensign

Congradulations !!! But keep your head strait , and be carefull . I here there are a lot of old Mass drivers down there . peter:D

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

EVERYBODY!!! stay off the road!!! :) congratulations.... Always keep the rubber side down.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Congratulations. Enjoy every second of it, stay safe and learn to drive defensively.:)

waterinthefuel

Commander

Just dont tell other people how to drive and you'll be fine.

And trust me, you'll see some of the worst driving in your life if you leave your home. You wonder how these people ever passed a driving test.

coolguy147

Commander

yup just came back. it was ok. top speed for today was about 25mph haha

was driving a V8:D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

did you make Mom scream??? that's fun. congrats. that was your learner's correct, or the real thing?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

With a top speed today of 25mph my guess is the beginners.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Be very careful....... and remember there are people out there just waiting for you to "break a rule" :eek:

coolguy147

Commander

hahaha. forgot my seatbelt when we first started. saw the cop too at the boat ramp lol.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congrats to you,be safe and a defensive driving course is well worth the money and the insurance folks give a small discount

coolguy147

Commander

well i hope i am a defensive driver too.:D

as well as a defensive boater:eek:

angus63

Captain

yup just came back. it was ok. top speed for today was about 25mph haha

was driving a V8:D

You may have passed my parents on A1A if you were tearing up the road at 25 MPH! Slow down sonny!!!!:D

Jeep Man

Commander

Congrats, Coolguy. Stay safe and be defensive. Watching for the other guy is more than half the battle. I leave you with just 2 things to remember.
1. Stop signs are for stopping, not just slowing down.
2. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Geez, now I feel really old.

puddle jumper

Captain

The best advice I can give a new driver is to think well ahead and plan your trip.

Ya getting to drive for the first time is a blast.

Do you have a cell phone and if so are you willing to swear you WILL NEVER USE IT WHILE DRIVING? If not you are already headed towards your first at fault accident.

Kobie

Cadet

I got my license in April 2009, and driving with your parents is alot different than with yourself. For the first week I thought i was hot...but one close call was enough for me to slow down. So far I havent been in a crash that was my fault, but did have someone rear end me last week. Ended up being a 5 car pile up, and I was the only person not to total!

Stay safe and drive as if the drivers ed teacher is with you because it's really easy to start bad habits.

jbjennings

Captain

Congrats and thanks for the warning Coolguy!:D
My aunt gave me some good advice once-----she said, "When you get in the car, the only thing you should have on your mind is getting safely to where you're going."
Now for mine:
1. Stay off the cell phone and no texting. If you don't have one now, you probably will. PLEASE, don't do it. I've had two close calls on bridges where someone almost hit me head on because they were texting or dialing their phones. Each time, I had no place to go due to the narrow bridge and they jerked it back over at the last minute.
2. Don't ever let your high school and college buddies talk you into drinking and driving, even a little.
3. Don't drive sleepy, pull it over and take a catnap.
4. Don't stop in the middle of the highway, waiting to make a left turn. Just make the block. Someone WILL eventually run over you.
5. Use your turn signals EVERY time, even if you THINK noone is around. Develop good habits which I guarantee will save your tail one day.

Just some unrequested tidbits I'd like to pass on.:)

I remember the first time I got my license and drove up to my buddies house to show it to them------on my bicycle.:redface:
Later,
JBJ