Galveston Bay Fishing

polar05

Seaman
Headed down to Galveston Yacht Basin at about 8am. Friday 22nd started off not finding any live shrimp. But after several attempts located with tricks of the trade. First stop to end of the South Jetty gulf side. Fished for about an hour no bites. There were only 2 other boats caught up in the rough waters. We had enough and headed out for protected shorelines. Sunny, 60 degrees, winds were S, SE blowing hard creating rough waters. Fished Pelican Bridge, Galveston Ship Channel, several other stops still no bites. Went to the sunken ship for a couple of hours. 2 whitings nothing to brag about then 2 black drum about 35 minutes apart. First one 43", second 41", weight ???. Weather being as it was these strays were very unexpected. Just another catch and release trip.

Can't wait to do some offshore fishing.

Tight Lines

Last edited:

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Galveston Bay Fishing

Great catches! Things should pick up in about a month.

Fly Rod

Commander

Congratulations!
Couple of nice fish.

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer

Well done! You got some sun, spent some time in a rocking boat and managed to bag a few serious fish. That'll be in your memory banks for a while. :)

polar05

Seaman

Woodnaut
I still like jr ling fish more.Thanks neighbor.

tight lines

aspeck

Staff member

I'm just looking for some good fishing when I am there towards the end of April!