Hunting an owners manual

MacE29

Cadet
Hi all. I'm a newbe to the forum but while boat shopping recently I have been reading posts about pros and cons of models I have been looking at and have found your information to be very helpful. I just bought a 1998 Glastron SE 175 with a 4.3L engine. (Thanks to all you who said dont get the 3.0). I would like to have an owners manual for this boat but all I find on line is the generic Glaston manual. Is there a source for older model manuals? Any help or thoughts you have will be appreciated.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Hunting an owners manual

Try ebay, or order it in from the MFG.

ziggy

Admiral

from what i get, boat owner manuals don't provide a lot of info on much. what ya need is the service manual from whoever marinized your engine and made the drive. ie. mecruiser, volvo, whoever. these manuals will help you work on the systems ya have.
if ya got a merc. ya can get quite a few of the service manuals from the adults olny sticky in the i/o forum in the sticky at the top of the page. if a volvo, ask on the i/o forum someone may be able to help.
all else fails. talk to the oem and see if the service manuals are available or i've got my book service manuals for my rig off ebay too...
good luck.

NYBo

Admiral

Montemonte and akatheray, take a look at the date this thread started: 3 1/2 years ago!:eek: