25 tohatsu hop up

b_rad

Recruit
i have a 25 tohatsu and im wondering what i can do to hop this thing up

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 25 tohatsu hop up

I'm not a Tohatsu expert but::
I'm pretty sure the pre 85 25 and the 30 are different displacement. So there's not likely any parts sharing that will help you.85 and later 25 and 30 are the same displacement.so maybe something??
Outboards; with few exceptions usually if you want more power; buy a motor with more power.There are some things you can do to be sure you have an ideal setup.Most steps won't cost anything.Weight elimination and placement.
Motor tune including checking if throttle opens all the way.Motor height and trim.
Prop in excellent shape and selected for motor to operate near the max of its rpm range.The right prop will allow the best motor height.
Raise the motor vertically to a point just before venting(cavitation)becomes a problem.The antivent plate just above the prop usually ends up slightly higher than the bottom of the boat.You'll need a tach(check out the tiny tach)and a speedo or gps to do it right.If we assume your setup is weak you could pick up 3to 5 mph
a sizeable change for a small setup.Usually better hole shot and economy results as well.

pvanv

Admiral

i have a 25 tohatsu and im wondering what i can do to hop this thing up

If it's a 4-stroke, it could (expensively) be upgraded to a 30 by installing the CD box for a 30. But at a cost around a grand, you'd be better off to swap for a different motor.

b_rad

Recruit

thanks for the info u guys i guess there not much to do then but just enjoy it like it is thanks for the input:D

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

thanks for the info u guys i guess there not much to do then but just enjoy it like it is thanks for the input:D

You have not specified if it's a 2 or 4 strokes engine, If your engine is same as this 2 strokes, check both sides, you can uprate as both 25/30 are 420 cc, only carbed restricted, peanuts cost conversion. Confirm if same.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• 25-30 HP Right.JPG
    25-30 HP Right.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 25-30 HP Left.JPG
    25-30 HP Left.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 0