New boat owner with a dumb question?

Hi guys I recently joined the club of boat owners with the purchase of a 1970 Teene Pleasurecraft with a 60hp evinrude motor. And I haven't had a chance to take her out on the water yet but I have a guy who's offering to sell me some water tubes for a good price. But I dont know how fast or what kind of power I can expect from this boat. So my question is whether or not my boat will be able to pull an inner tube behind my boat without it bogging out?

Thank you to all who respond.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: New boat owner with a dumb question?

Assuming the size and weight of the boat is anything "normal" for that 60HP motor, I would expect it to pull the tube with no problem at all. If the boat's 28' long then the 60HP may not even pull the boat! Good Luck!

It's just a 4 seater 16ft boat. Thank you so much for your reply.

Happy and safe boating! :)

Huron Angler

Admiral

I'm going to assume that your rig is a tri-hull 15-17ft, and you will be fine tubing with the 60hp 'Rude.

Skiing would be another matter, depends on how good the hole shot is.

Have fun tubing this summer(be safe) and welcome to iboats:D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i think i would make sure it runs in the water, before toys.

Days away

Cadet

It's just a 4 seater 16ft boat. Thank you so much for your reply.

Happy and safe boating! :)

Robert,
You should be fine and will probably be able to pull the kids on skis with a 60hp rude after you get it in to water you will know more.

ps always remember to have it shut off any time any one is around the back of the boat in the water.
Good luck and enjoy
and welcome aboard

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've towed a 2 person tube behind my 8 foot dingy with a 9.9. The kids loved it.

Of course it's much more fun behind our 320hp bowrider.

As long as your boat runs well you'll be fine.

We have an old 70 hp Johnson on a 16 foot tri hull and you will have no problem at all.

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

The 16ft larson we had in the 60's had a 60 johnson and it seemed to be flying across the water. We rode on an old tractor tire tube. In the 70's dad upgraded to a 17ft Larson and put a 115 Johnson on it. We thought we were in High cotton then. You should have no problem pulling a tube. The Mable towables are well made and durable. Have some fun!

arimatation

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I saw that one before.....looks like a lawyer and a lawsuit will be helping someone to get some money for their swan dive into a lake problem. If they live to tell about it.

zebrex

Cadet

I dont believe they make kite tubes any more because to many people got hurt, if you go to you tube and search kite tube you will find several videos of people crashing them.

I would still like to have one