Fed up with pop-ups

gobbler boat

Seaman Apprentice
I don't kow if this is the right forum for this but . . . does anyone else get their forum search box covered up by pop-up ads for boat covers, and are unable to click on the GO icon when you want to initiate a search?

Bucks45

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fed up with pop-ups

I don't get any. Your antivirus should have a popup blocker.

gobbler boat

Seaman Apprentice

Maybe it is just me. This is the ONLY place I get a pop-up. It is an ad about 2" wide and 6" long?? When I reverse arrow then come back it is gone.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Download Ad Blocker Plus...works great with forums...I get no pop ups at all on Iboats.
It works if you are using Fire Fox as your browser.

PeterMcG

Seaman

Download Ad Blocker Plus...works great with forums...I get no pop ups at all on Iboats.
It works if you are using Fire Fox as your browser.
I too use Firefox with Ad Blocker Plus. I also use No Script.
You might give those a shot. Costs nothing and would probably make surfing the net a lot less painful all around.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Close the favorites or history window and maximize your screen size. The ads appear to be a fixed size and will cover up the search window if the screen is minimized.;)

CaptainKev

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I also use adblocker plus and Firefox. Together, they do a great job. I also use Thunderbird for emails and it does a good job of not loading memory hogging graphics etc.
Kev.

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I get boat cover ads on the right side of the screen but not popups.
Where can I find ad blocker plus for FF. I have adblocker but not plus and it doesn't stop the boat cover ads.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Go all the way down to the lower left corner of the forums....SCROLL ALL the way DOWN and there is a selection drop down menu.

Pick an alternate method of display and try that. (it is the QUICK STYLE CHOOSER)

Yes on occasion there is a slight overlap of boxes and that is the way I fixed mine. It really depends on which browser you are using ;)

It's not an ad blocker problem.