VHF Mounting

Woodrow246

Seaman
Just picked up a new VHF unit for my boat. Was just going to install it on my dash next to my combo unit, but figured I'd ask about where you folks may have mounted 'em. If you dont mind, post some pics. Thx guys..

cvtech1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: VHF Mounting

I just installed mine yesterday and had it for several months because I was using a handheld. You need to place your unit out of the water spray where it is easy for you see and hear, it is really where you like. Sorry no pictures as of yet because I don't know how to download to iboats.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I just installed mine yesterday and had it for several months because I was using a handheld. You need to place your unit out of the water spray where it is easy for you see and hear, it is really where you like. Sorry no pictures as of yet because I don't know how to download to iboats.

How to post pics? Here ya go:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=285637

Islandbrah

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I mounted mine inside the center console off the floor behind lexan doors. Keep it dry and out of the way. I never use mine it is just there for just in case however I have more range from my cell phone now a days.

cvtech1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Navy Jr, fellow sailor. I will try to post some pictures later.