1983 loadrite- value?

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I found a 1983 Loadrite trailer in mint shape with 3 new tires (including spare), and new wheel bearings, galvanized.<br /><br />I am un-sure if this is a roller or a bunk- 15-18' boat I was told.<br /><br />If it is mint- whats a fair price? I was thinking $300-400?<br /><br />Thanks for any comments,<br /><br />-John

ahein

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1983 loadrite- value?

John,<br />You can go to www.nadaguides.com and look under "Boats", then under Used Values choose "Boat Trailers". Walk thru the steps and you'll get a pretty good rough idea of what it's worth in your area.<br /><br />Using your information, I went thru the steps and came up with a average retail value of $225 in my area. That value is based on average wear and tear on a 21 year old trailer, so if it's mint with new tires, bearings, etc I would think that $300-$400 is right in the ballpark. Another thing to consider is it's value to you based on the availability of similar trailers in your area that would fit your needs. If they are scarce, value goes up. If plentiful, you've got negotiating power.

JasonB

Lieutenant

When I sold my '84 Loadrite 19' galvanized, single axle, great tires, but not much to look at, I came out with about $200.

Johnshan1

Well the trailer was sold :( <br /><br /><br />I called another guy who has a shorelander roller trailer, been sitting a few years, galvanized fits a 16' boat 1200 lbs, the guy wants $900 for it! I said no thanks and told him I can buy a new one for $1000 at a local dealer he just said ok good luck. Then he calls back and says that I cant get a new one for $1000 and that this is a heavy duty trailer he has and to let him know if I want it. <br /><br /><br />Yeah right, some of these people are wack!!!!!!!

rwidman

Lieutenant

That's pretty old for a boat trailer that's been dipped in water a lot. By "new" tires do you mean recently purchased or just that they don't have much wear? Age is just as much of an enemy of tires as wear. <br /><br />I would say a couple hundred dollars. <br /><br />Only buy it if it meets your needs.

Johnshan1

That one was sold.<br /><br /><br />I went to my outboard dealer, he has a brand new venture trailer for $580 I may just do that.