Florida 2010 Get Together April 23-25

nlain

Commander
During this nice weather we are having it is time to think warmer thoughts.

1. Is everyone ready for April 23-25 at Crystal River?

2. Has everyone made their reservations?

3. Does anyone have any suggestions for that time period?

4. Anyone have more information on the area?

It is time to start getting serious thoughts and planning going.

For those that do not know about this and those that would like to reread some of the discussion I am attaching links to the threads that discuss the get together.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=316813&highlight=Florida+together+2010

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357103&highlight=Florida+together+2010

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=361475&highlight=Florida+together+2010

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=354746&highlight=Florida+together+2010

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Florida 2010 Get Together April 23-25

just talked to Crystal Isle manager, everything is set on their end. i have a hold on water front site, only until March 1, if you want a water front site, where you can dock your boat, you need to make reservations, by March 1. they will be open to the general public, after that.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dont have a trailer or tow vehicle so I have not paid much attention to these post. So I am a little late. Time to expand my horizons and the times I have gotten together with guys from this site have always been enjoyable, RODBOLT especially.
So I need a bit of direction. I can find CRYSTAL RIVER on my map. Friend who always wants us to visit him lives in, I think, HOMOSSA SPRINGS. He is off COUNTY LINE rd. ( hernando/ pasco) and trailers his boat. No reason why I cant grab him or his boat and show up if CRYSTAL SPRINGS are anywhere close by. If there is anyone familiar with the area, would appreciate a heads up as to location and if there are ramps in the area to splash his boat.
My experience is that just because there is a similar name, CRYSTAL river, cave, city, waters that they are all close by. Anyone familiar with the area give me a bit of direction? We would not be camping but staying at his house, regards FRED

mitch h

Cadet

Mitch here. Yes I am ready. It is a balmy 5 degrees and more snow. I am sick of it already and it is only jan. We are coming down in three weeks. I hope it warms up a little by then. See you all in april. Stay warm.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sure is close enough to just about walk to. We will make plans to be there. FRED

MuskyHunterDave

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello. . . all

Sounds like your event is shaping up to be a great get together !!

I would love to join you, BUT washington state is a little far away, so I will just have to wait for the event posts and pictures.

Dave

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Dont have a trailer or tow vehicle so I have not paid much attention to these post. So I am a little late. Time to expand my horizons and the times I have gotten together with guys from this site have always been enjoyable, RODBOLT especially.
So I need a bit of direction. I can find CRYSTAL RIVER on my map. Friend who always wants us to visit him lives in, I think, HOMOSSA SPRINGS. He is off COUNTY LINE rd. ( hernando/ pasco) and trailers his boat. No reason why I cant grab him or his boat and show up if CRYSTAL SPRINGS are anywhere close by. If there is anyone familiar with the area, would appreciate a heads up as to location and if there are ramps in the area to splash his boat.
My experience is that just because there is a similar name, CRYSTAL river, cave, city, waters that they are all close by. Anyone familiar with the area give me a bit of direction? We would not be camping but staying at his house, regards FRED

Greetings, Fred...I am a little late to post this but...I live off County Line Rd in Hernando. From here, we just hop on the Suncoast Expressway and head north to hwy 98. It ends there. Head west to Hwy 19. And then North. A few miles up the road you will pass Homosassa Springs. Less than ten more miles north and you will come to Crystal River. Hang a left at Grannies restaurant onto Hwy 44. A few miles down on the right and you are there...total mileage from here is about 35 miles.

Hi all; new to your forum don't own boat yet! but looking this weekend at a Marada bowrider. Question is the outing kid friendly as i have two boys 8-10? Are there any tent sites left?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Welcome Aboard!

Nice your first post here is to join us at this event!!!
I think that is the perfect example of why we do these get togethers!!

They are very kid friendly, nice clubhouse, swimming pool and basketball courts and play area..Theres also the adult playground on the river..lol

A tent site should not be an issue at all..There is the main sticky with all the contact details, call em up and join us!

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Hi all; new to your forum don't own boat yet! but looking this weekend at a Marada bowrider. Question is the outing kid friendly as i have two boys 8-10? Are there any tent sites left?

They better be kid friendly...Barb and I are still kids at heart.....:D

Welcome, I take it you are in Clermont...so not too far away. Should be an easy trip over for you and the family. Good luck with your boat. Let us know how things go, and by all means show some pictures!

Captain Reddrum

Recruit

What exactly happens at these get togethers? If you all need any info let me know I live in crystal river.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

What exactly happens at these get togethers? If you all need any info let me know I live in crystal river.

Welcome Aboard Cpt Reddrum!

Heres the link to our 1st get together last year..

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=291501&highlight=florida

Basically good company, hanging out with your fellow Florida boaters (and the stray Canucks and our own honorary Souther Gentleman Nlain)

Oh, boating as well..

We are planning a group breakfast cooked up by a few of us for all attending on Sat morning..then a day of free time, boating or hanging out..

Last year there was a cool raffle & drawing for some nice door prizes..
It can be whatever you make it be, thats my thinking..

Hope to see ya there, you can drive over and visit being right there..

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Wow..this year things are looking really good. Seems like we may have lots of locals dropping in for the day. Maybe we won't fill up all the campsites, but that's not as important as having folks just show up..whether or not you bring a boat. I am sure we will all be willing to get those boatless ones out on the water..or even to the island at the mouth of the river. This place is really neat and we can't wait to get back there. I feel a trip coming up before the official gathering.....;)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Just found out yesterday that I have to go to South Korea a few times this year. Going to make the plans for it while I am here in Alabama so i don't miss the event. I have booked my next follow up trip to Alabama already to end on April 21st. Mrs Ken will fly to Birmingham, Alabama on 20th April and we will both drive down from there. We may be a day early at the campground so we will be "settled in" for the weekend.
Our daughter is getting married in Jamaica on 3rd April so with all my upcoming travel it will be a tight schedule if not organised correctly. I will most likely get home for a few days and be off to Korea again !!!!
Don't worry, Canadian beer will be part of my luggage !!!!:D:):D

nlain

Commander

Quote "Basically good company, hanging out with your fellow Florida boaters (and the stray Canucks and our own honorary Souther Gentleman Nlain)" Quote

I live just across the border in Ga so they have made me an honorary Fl member. :D Actually I am a little over an hour North of the state line. Been trying to find something suitable in Ga to bring some of this to Ga, just havn't found what it would take to put us all together.