Is Seafoam avaiable in Australia?

trelos67

Seaman Apprentice
Arvo All,

Does anyone know if seafoam is avaiable in Australia, and if not is there an alternate product? Asked my local Johny dealer yesterday and he had a pained look on his face.:confused:

Cheers

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is Seafoam avaiable in Australia?

SeaFoam is a general use product with many applications. Is there a specifice use like de-carbon treatment that you want?

trelos67

Seaman Apprentice

SeaFoam is a general use product with many applications. Is there a specifice use like de-carbon treatment that you want?

Yup after all this reading you guys have motivated me to do a decarb on the weekend. My dealer had never heard of it...might be time to find a new dealer.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

BRP engine tuner does the same thing, Seafoam is just cheaper, you dealer should have tuner.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Each outboard manufacturer has it's own brand of de-carbon treatment. Some are designed for maintenance, some for shock treatment and some for both purposes.

BRP/Evinrude markets Evinrude Johnson Engine Tuner for shock treatment and Carbon Gaurd for maintenance. Yamaha markets Ring Free.

There are some Engine tuners not connected to outboard brands such as Valvtect Marine Motor Tune Up that may be available.

trelos67

Seaman Apprentice

As usual thanks very much for your help, shall grab old mate at the dealer this arvo and try and wake him to see what they carry.

Cheers