Changing Out My Water Pump

mcgill

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Changing Out My Water Pump

I Found That The Former Owner, Has The Old Ket Stuck In The Shafft The Key Is In Bad Shap . I Have A New Key The Nest Time I Chang The Water Pump Out. But How Can You Get It Out Of The Shafft . There Are Some Rubbor Parts In The Location Of The Lower Unit. I Do Not Think I Can Use Heet In This Location .need Help In This Matter.:(

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Changing Out My Water Pump

Go to: Bogueinletnc.com/yamaha for detailed instructions with photos of water pump changes, shows the guy removing the key with a small center punch-like tool and a hammer. The punch could get back behind the key and tap it right out. Mentions using some anti-seize compound on the new key.
Good Luck!

mcbassin

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Changing Out My Water Pump

Go to: Bogueinletnc.com/yamaha for detailed instructions with photos of water pump changes, shows the guy removing the key with a small center punch-like tool and a hammer. The punch could get back behind the key and tap it right out. Mentions using some anti-seize compound on the new key.
Good Luck!

I notice in the link you provided (thanks!) that he is working on an F200 would these instructions be the same for a V200TLRX ? thanks,
Mike