is this worth anything???

rowley5383

Seaman Apprentice
Here is the boat I was gifted after my G-Ma passed away. It is all original with minor wear/stains on the side rails. My grandparents bought it new in 74' and have kept it in a heated garage every year but 1. Thats where the stains come from. When the cover was on it outside it created mildew and stained the side rails. Oh well, still darn nice. It is a 1974 DUO Ranger 15' with a Merc 650. Purchased Brand New for $2369.70. I have all original paper work and receipts. Here is the pic my g-pa took and it still looks this good. I will get more pics up as soon as the weather breaks. Let Me Know what you guys think, and maybe what it would be worth. http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii137/rowley5383/?action=view&current=scan0002.jpg

Bearfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: is this worth anything???

Photo link didn't work for me.

Jeep Man

Commander

Me either.............and what's LMK (I hate texting)

Bearfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Me either.............and what's LMK (I hate texting)

I text with other old people...we don't abbreviate, heck, we even capitalize. I'm with you on this one Jeep Man.

rowley5383

Seaman Apprentice

sorry guys, link should work and LMK is (fixed)

86 century

Ensign

That thing is wicked ugly. If it my g-pa's i would use it and take care to pass it on to my kids. Good luck

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Use it and love it. Make sure you service all the necessary items before firing it up and read the "waking a sleeping outboard" information.
Any photos of it currently ?? you mentioned staining.

rowley5383

Seaman Apprentice

ken, no pics yet. I will have some by march/april. I already took it to my local boat repair shop and the guy said the motor was disgustingly clean and didnt believe it was the original. He just changed all the necessary fluids, spark plugs, and impeller pump in the lower unit and it fired right up on the first try

robthompson66

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If it's in good shape you can just use and enjoy it. Tri hulls are great for fishing in small lakes because they are stable when sitting still but I big lakes they can get rough. My grandpa had a Chrysler marine 19' tri hull and we used it on the Saint Clair River; the thing was so rough I thought my brain was loose when we were done with the ride, but I was only about 7 at the time so I just figured it was normal.

have fun!
Rob

rowley5383

Seaman Apprentice

thanks rob, I live on the Illinois river so its not too rough. think it will work fine for that

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

It's worth a mint...cause it's family. Use it and take care of it...teach your kids to ski and fish in it...then pass it on to them.

rowley5383

Seaman Apprentice

tmcalavy, i was just wondering. I am not selling it, just wanted to make sure I was not sitting on some rare collector or something. I personally think the boat is sweet and in awesome shape for its age and all original. I am sure i will get my use out of it

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

keep it covered, bow up, and plug out, when not in use. great boat.

Summer Fun

Banned

I like it !! :).
th_scan0002.jpg

rowley5383

Seaman Apprentice

tashasdaddy, thanks. thats how it sits right now in the garage

jkust

Rear Admiral

Can't imagine someone shelling out much for it. Just for fun...$2300 in 74 is about $10,400 today or something like a new Bayliner 175 today. Looks nice to me so have fun.